Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: ArmA server AI's skill level
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an arma matter but since we dont have an arma server forum I'll just post it here (in that respect I think we need to reformat the forums structure to something more relevant to CiA's ofp and arma coop nights new era . I'll post a suggestion after thinking about it some more).

Some people have showed concern about how arma is really tough. I agree with that, some times the ai's accuracy, response time and overall skill could get really frustrating.

How about tweaking the AI's skill level? we already done that when we have set up the server but maybe they deserve another "brain damage".
Look here for some nice things:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ik...73;t=70990

You find server side addons, which are made for better AI.
hey,

there is a section with Arma in the forums, fits perfect i woud say, or not? ;-)

Rather than tweaking down the AI skills i would say getting rid of the Grass would be best first, dont you think? Is there a good Addon to remove it completely (not only make it "Lowplants")? Anyone has experience in anything?

Durgs vegetation fix seems to be the right direction to get more even to the AI, what do you think?

Greets

Tony
to remove the grass, we can try Doolittle's server side script. look for the thread in multiplayer, there you find the source of all. maybe you can rework the addon so that it only loads the sqf script with this.

oh, maybe no sources, but I have the addon. but i think it's crypted.
This sounds interesting. Is anyone here, who can do this? How many work it may be? 1 Hour or 1 Month?

Furthermore i thought about the Skill level of AI. Actually, i like smart AI, they shouldnt stand around stoned and wait till they can die. The moving, circling, ducking and so on is fine. What is frustrating is the good marksmanship of the guys. It really sucks, if they shoot you out the white of your eye in a distance, you cant even see them!

So maybe it will be a very good thing, if we can make the AI shooting more incorrect. Is that doable?

Greets

Tony

I dont know about cancelling the grass completely. tony are you using kegetys client side low plants? it makes the whole grass issue much more reasonable.
yeah, the AI's intelligence is no problem as much as their reaction speed and accuracy- which is totally unrealistic. no one can shoot as fast and accurate as the AI's in this game.
so, can we change the AI´s behaviour in that way?

I didnt use the lowplants so far, but i downloaded it already. I would prefer no grass, but i will try lowplants.

ED: If we have a good solution for the grass, i think it would be better to make it serverside, so everyone sees the same in game. Cheating is no problem in Coop, but i think its better, if the game looks the same for everyone.
right now (if im not mistaken) the server uses these settings:

skillFriendly=0.650000;
skillEnemy=0.650000;
precisionFriendly=0.550000;
precisionEnemy=0.550000;

maybe we need to lower the precisionEnemy parameter to, let's say, 0.260000; ?
Now the server runs these settings:

skillEnemy=0.450000;
precisionEnemy=0.210000;

I gave it a seriouse tweak, but last night the AI's felt much more "human". they didnt hit with their first AK burst from 200 meters. For example, when I covered Pulverizer's and Bar's approach to the CIA agent from the water tower, I was under fire for almost a 30 seconds from two AI's, 200 meters away. At certain points it felt as if they are trying to supress you, which to me felt realistic. I got hit but didnt die. If it was in the old settings I wouldnt have lasted for more than 5 seconds.  Anyone thinks they were too easy last night?