Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Skype Instead of TS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since we are only few players on the server lately, I thought of using conference calls in Skype for communications instead of using TS. The advantage of that is that you dont have to press a button to talk and it seems to be more clear when two people talk at the same time (It's much like a phone call basically, much more smoother communication.

We can try that during the next meeting, and if we will like it we can post about it in the BIS CiA thread (one of us will stay on the TS server to direct those who still get there to the skype conference call).

Skype can be downloaded from http://skype.com

What do you guys think?
OK Dude, i got it

We can try it, if u want.
My Questions so far:
What about people with higher pings or slow connections such as sputnik [and Bals :-)]? Will they be able to use it too? slows it their connections down?
Is there any "Push to talk" funktion as in TS? Around here it can be quite noisy, and i dont want that you all hear my yells for my girls and my wife ;-).

Greets

Tony
Iv'e used Skype in coops a few times. I can't be certain about how will it affect players with slower connection. About backround noises- well, I guess this is one thing that only a live test could check!