Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: co@_23_fdf14_finnish_vertigo.noe.pbo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've updated my mission after last nights game:

- Eliminated some wrong messages that popped up
- Added binoculars to the jaeger leader
- Added small text to objective markers
- Made the markers turn green after completion
- Added random transports (1 heli, 1 truck and 1 jeep), although they are distributed by bounded randomness.

What else? Were the airplanes fine? Do we need some alternative for the motorcycles that suck in the mountain area?

I'm thinking of adding a small intro aswell, nothing facy, just a small camera script.

Let me know what you think.

Well the Hawk with AA-missiles is a bit useless in this mission as long as there is no air threat, so u could add airtargets, leave it away or replace it with another CAS Hawk. I would prefer one of the first two suggestions as another CAS Hawk in skilled hands would be a bit to much air support and kill the balance.
You're right, I will remove the second airplane and pilot, so it will be a 22 player mission from now on. As you have seen it's a big mission, but it's quite doable I think with 15 or more players.

I'm trying to add some more random elements in the mission to increase its replayability. It would be also nice if I could stimulate more coordination between the teams. Any suggestions are welcome.
I enjoyed the mission very much. The one thing that I missed was the lack of transport afte I flipped my team's passi hehe. I saw your vehicled additions and I think that the mission could use maybe even more. an enemy encampmant cannot exist without transport and you have a bunch of enemy footholds on the mission. In my opinion any encampmant should have some wheels with it. Maybe put some bikes around the camps? a nice "punishment for a team that loose its safer transports...

p.s please add the mission to the CiA server mission list if you havnt done so yet and mark it to be completed Smile
I added 2 additional BRDMs, again randomly distributed among some camps. Finnished it up with a small intro and some polishment and the mission is back on the server. It was already in the missionlist, so now it only needs another cross in the 'Done' column ;-)
hehe, cant wait to get the cross in there :-).

CU later!
It seems to work better now, no problems occurred in yesterday's game.

Do you guys think I should replace the MD-500 with an assault chopper in order to make it less boring for the medivac guy? This does however introduces the risk of him getting killed in an attack too early and thereby removing the possibility of healing wounded soldiers.
So I would suggest armin the chopper, but also adding 1 medic to each of the teams Smile

I would suggest to use the littlebird with the minigun and to replace the unarmed apcs with mg equipped apcs. The littlebird should have limited ammo, so that it cant go to much on rambo with the ffars.
And in addition i suggest to leave away the ammo truck on the island, so that the chopper and the hawk dont have to much punch.
By the way, i dont know if its possible, but for the balance it would be nice to limit only the numer of rockets for the Littlebird (~6-8 ffars) and to leave it the complete minigun ammo.
I like the fact that cooperation is needed in order to heal the wounded so I'm a bit reserved in blindly inserting medics. I replaced the MD-500 with a littlebird with minigun and 7 FFARs. I had to remove the ammo truck at the airfield in order to restrain the littlebird from loading up with FFARs and becoming an assault chopper, but now this means the Hawk can only do one round. If done well this can still do a lot of damage and usually the pilot doesn't survive through his ammo anyway ;-)

Anyway, we'll see how this turns out in our next try
I like the fact that cooperation is needed in order to heal the wounded so I'm a bit reserved in blindly inserting medics. I replaced the MD-500 with a littlebird with minigun and 7 FFARs. I had to remove the ammo truck at the airfield in order to restrain the littlebird from loading up with FFARs and becoming an assault chopper, but now this means the Hawk can only do one round. If done well this can still do a lot of damage and usually the pilot doesn't survive through his ammo anyway ;-)

Anyway, we'll see how this turns out in our next try
Quote:By the way, i dont know if its possible, but for the balance it would be nice to limit only the numer of rockets for the Littlebird (~6-8 ffars) and to leave it the complete minigun ammo.
Use the ammo slider to get the correct amount of FFARs and then remove and replace the minigun by placing this stuff on the init line:

this removeWeapon "BAS_M134"; this removeMagazine "BAS_M134"; this addMagazine "BAS_M134"; this addWeapon "BAS_M134";

You could also just replace the mag but I think you'd have to reload it then.
Since nowadays we're not able to cough up 20+ players as we did a while back, I'm adding a feature to this mission which should make it playable with less players. If less than 15 players join, 4 objectives are removed (by bounded randomness so a strategic set of objectives remain). It works, but scripting all the deleteVehicle commands takes some time so it will probably be available next wednesday.

Greets, Post
Still under construction. The script which randomly eliminates some of the objectives seems to work on my system, but has some flaws when I put it on the server, not sure why that is. In a part of the script where it removes one of two bases, it sometimes removes both, although only one of the objectives and mapmarkers. This is the part of the script:

init.sqs:
Code:
if (("alive _x" count [f1,f2,f3,f4,f5,f6,f7,f8,f9,f10,r1,r2,r3,r4,r5,r6,r7,r8,r9,r10,p1,p2]) >= 15) then {goto "exit"}
[] exec "reduced.sqs"

#exit
exit

reduced.sqs:
Code:
#camp_two
if (random 1 >= 0.5) then {goto "camp_bravo"}
#camp_alpha
obj9=true
"9" ObjStatus "Hidden"
[i]**here is a list of deleteVehicle commands**[/i]
"squad3" setMarkerPos [0,0]
goto "bases"
#camp_bravo
obj10=true
"10" ObjStatus "Hidden"
[i]**here is a list of deleteVehicle commands**[/i]
"squad4" setMarkerPos [0,0]

#bases
[...]

#exit
exit
Apparently the random removing was done on each client separately so most objectives end up being removed with enough players. Thanks to Sanctuary I now fixed it so the mission is ready to go again.

We better start playing it, cause it can only be marked finished if we have completed all 17 versions of it ;-)
Pages: 1 2