Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: co@_12_basfdf_trias_militaria.noe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've almost completed a new mission called Trias Militaria. It takes place on Nogova in the triangle Slapy-Frymburk-Kost just east of Petrovice. Two teams of 6 silenced Delta's will infiltrate the region on foot in early morning, kill a general and assault three military bases (Infantry - Armor - Air). Both the general and the bases are at ease but highly communicative and interact as soon as enemies are detected.

This will force extensive planning and using the element of surprise before the teams act, otherwise hell breaks loose and they will be run over from all sides.

It just needs some tweaking and testing before it's done, but if you have any remarks or suggestions don't be shy ;-)

[Image: trias_militaria.jpg]
Sounds and seems very promising. I love Frymburk's area... There aren't enough missions for it.
You made us curious now! Better finish it quick ;-)!

Greets

Tony
There is a working version on the server now, so maybe we can try it on sunday. I'll put it in the missionlist as well
Scheisse, I made it too simple... we finished it in one try (in about 45 minutes)

Anyway, it could have been really hard if we weren't so damn good ;-)
And, you forgot to mention Post, without me! aaaarrrgggh!
:-P
yeah, variable, thats why we were so damn good

harhar

:-)
But i have a suggestion for the mission:

Maybe you can trigger the infantry groups, that they are returning to the base if they cant find an enemy at the AA site or wherever they were going.

So it would be like this: They receive an alert from the AA site and they are running to the AA site to check it out. If they find any enemies, they will attack. If there ist no western guy, they just run back to their base.

That is realistic behaviour and protects the players from seeking infantry troops.

And once you have updated the mission we can try it again with Variable :-).

Greets

Tony
Yeah, that's a good idea. I was struggling a bit with how to let the infantry objective be marked. A simple 'when east is not present' is not enough because as soon as enemies are detected part of the camp moves to the other camps. So I made a 'soft' objective which allows some of the infantry (4 men) to be alive, although not in the camp area. Letting them move back to the camp after seeking and destroying will indeed decrease the chance of lame searches for the last few infantry we do too often ;-)

Maybe one or two of the tankcrews should be already inside their tanks/apcs to make it a little more challenging for us.
Well, I like the fact that the mission can be really easy if well planned.

In order to make it more challenging we can therefore increase the chance of being detected or let reinforcements come from out of the battlefield area. A random (T80/T72/BMP) tank is coming from petrovice when the Delta's are detected, but that one was dealt with quickly by zwobots team yesterday. I will add another one from the north to pose a threat to the team that eliminates the general.
An updated version of the mission is available on the server