Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: co@_#_bas_*.*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Inspired by the PMC conflict mission we played a while back I was thinking about making a new mission

It will involve a East-West conflict in which a resistence team will back one side in the warzone. By means of hit-and-run actions you just have to do as much damage as possible to the enemy side but where you go is completely up to the team. small missions will be included by random events or encounters with friendlies and enemies. The mission ends whenever a certain amount of points are gathered (by these missions or kills).

The first problem is: I can't manage to open the PMC conflict mission. I wanted to see how it is put together but I can't seem to unPBO it or even play it on my own machine after I download it. It works just fine on the CiA server though... Maybe someone can help me by unPBOing it on his machine. The file is easily available at: http://www.student.tue.nl/H/m.roks/co_07...t.eden.pbo

Furthermore, maybe you have some ideas for small missions and objectives within the game. I was thinking on stuff like aiding wounded friendlies, freeing hostages, helping on charging a town or enemy base, ambushing an enemy convoy, etc.
Hi post,

the file seems to be corrupt.

Have you tried downloading form an origin resource?

I found this one: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/ofp/missions.php

There is a Conflict pmc.rar file. Is this the right one?

Greets to nl :-)

Tony
I liked the conflict mission's concept very much. I wish you good luck with your go Post.

as for ideas- the darker parts of the day are the most suitable for such action.
there was a cwc mission where you had to locate a hidden choppers base deep inside the enemy territory, convoys kept driving in and out of it and you could locate it by following one of them (and avoiding their premature destruction). this idea will work great in such a mission imo.

Good luck again.
Ah yes, that seems to be the one, thanks Tony!

It seems they have quite some scripting in there to ensure an active war zone. I'll work on figuring some of this stuff out, than maybe we could play this a few times to see how the dynamics work out in practice and how we can improve them.

Excellent tip Var, I'll add that to my list Smile
(03-04-2008, 12:49 AM)Post link Wrote: [ -> ]It seems they have quite some scripting in there to ensure an active war zone.
You can easily create a war zone feeling with DAC. Just place some East and West zones, fine-tune them by linking them and what not and you get a war zone that behaves differently after every mission start.
Ah yes, I've had some experience with DAC, though I never made a complete mission using it. I'll look back into it as DAC could be really useful for this concept, and I guess it helps bringing down lag issues as well, right?
You definitely have the option to reduce groups which could reduce lag (in theory there could be lag caused by building groups up again). I haven't tried the group reduction in MP yet, it is very important to name the playable units "s1", "s2"... And there is some other points you should not forget.

I am not a hardcore DAC expert but I used it enough to answer you the basic questions. Once you get the hang of it is not hard to use it as a mission designer.