Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mission list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed in the CiA mission list (at Google Spreadsheets) that there are several FDF missions marked as "Broken", and commented as "missing fdf_worlds".

Here are the some of them fixed (only opened and re-saved in editor, not any changes made):

co@_07_fdf13_poliisi_pamputtaa.fdf_eastborder.pbo
co@_07_fdf13_tankin_pelastus.fdf_eastborder_w.pbo
co@_10_fdf_kokkisota.fdf_eastborder.pbo
co@_12_fdf13_karjalan_jenkka.fdf_eastborder.pbo

I think those all are good missions, but especially "Poliisi Pamputtaa" is an excellent finnish police mission. Smile

You are also missing another nice one (this is different than the midsummer party 2005 -mission)
co@_08_midsummer_party_85.eden.pbo

One more thing - I wonder why these missions are commented as "Deathmatch 1-8"?:
co@_06_fdf14_ihantala_revisited.fdf_eden.pbo
co@_08_fdf14_invasion_maldevic-part_6.fdf_maldevic_w.pbo
co@_09_fdf_erikoisjaakarin_marssi.noe.pbo
They are not dm...

Osku
Hi Osku,

we commented them as "deathmatch 1-8" just to make sure, that the REALLY good ones are only played by us! But as you blew that one, i removed the Deathmatch sign and put a simple " Dont loads" into it  ;D. As a matter of fact, they are still not working, if anyone can fix it, i will change it back to "deathmatch" someday  Wink.

I downloaded the other files and will upload them in a minute to the server. And be sure: If they will still not work, we will ban you for lifetime... or maybe we will ban you anyways for beeing smart, ah i dunno  ;D

Greets and muchas thanks for your work!

Tony

oki,

all the stuff is now uploaded. As far as i see, we dont have to ban Osku for now, the missions seem to work again :-*.

The misson list is updated aswell!

See you soon to test the action  Wink

TM

(03-31-2008, 12:48 PM)Osku link Wrote:I noticed in the CiA mission list (at Google Spreadsheets) that there are several FDF missions marked as "Broken", and commented as "missing fdf_worlds".

Here are the some of them fixed (only opened and re-saved in editor, not any changes made):

co@_07_fdf13_poliisi_pamputtaa.fdf_eastborder.pbo
co@_07_fdf13_tankin_pelastus.fdf_eastborder_w.pbo
co@_10_fdf_kokkisota.fdf_eastborder.pbo
co@_12_fdf13_karjalan_jenkka.fdf_eastborder.pbo

I think those all are good missions, but especially "Poliisi Pamputtaa" is an excellent finnish police mission. Smile

You are also missing another nice one (this is different than the midsummer party 2005 -mission)
co@_08_midsummer_party_85.eden.pbo

One more thing - I wonder why these missions are commented as "Deathmatch 1-8"?:
co@_06_fdf14_ihantala_revisited.fdf_eden.pbo
co@_08_fdf14_invasion_maldevic-part_6.fdf_maldevic_w.pbo
co@_09_fdf_erikoisjaakarin_marssi.noe.pbo
They are not dm...

Osku

Hello Osku! Thanks for your efforts fixing those missions. Fixing them is on my 'to do' list for quite some time now hehe..

Death Match 1-8 is the server's default mission. missions that were not loaded at all and gave no error message were marked this way because the server switched to the death match mission when we tried choose them. Now that Tony changed the note the confusion is now over Smile
No problem at all. I had them fixed while ago, for my own server.

I also have more of them (about 15 missions) which had the same problem, but since the others aren't marked as Broken in your list, perhaps no need to post them at this time.

And thanks for clearing up that deathmatch thingy.  Tongue

I'm suprised that Invasion Maldevic part 6 doesn't work on CiA, it should.
Problem could be something else, but at least this one worked for me. Give it a try:

co@ 8 fdf invasion maldevic-part 6.fdf_maldevic_w.pbo

Just in case, I leave it on the original filename. Can renaming cause problems in this mission? I have no idea...

And for Tony - glad I avoided ban... maybe next time I won't be so lucky.  ;D

See you
Osku
I have uploaded the your version of  co@ 8 fdf invasion maldevic-part 6.fdf_maldevic_w.pbo to the server. it doesn't work. i wonder why...

Here is an explanations to the colors of the list. those that are on Grey background are missions that haven't been checked yet so we don't know if they are any good or even work at all. those marked with yellow are finmod missions that are marked for completion, those on green are BAS and are marked too (light green are Tonal missions), those on light brown are no-addon missions, marked for completion. those that are whith white background are missions that have been completed, broken, not good or for too many players.
i think we have checked that years ago too, but cant remember more about this... damn my brain! Maybe i will find something about it....

(04-02-2008, 12:44 AM)Variable link Wrote:I have uploaded the your version of  co@ 8 fdf invasion maldevic-part 6.fdf_maldevic_w.pbo to the server. it doesn't work. i wonder why...

This mission doesn't work because it uses the "mtlb" addon that we don't have on the server.
The MTLB addon consists of two pbo's: apcupd.pbo and apcrus.pbo. the server already had a pbo with the name apcupd.pbo but it was with a different size then the one from the (updated, i guess) link on Osku's FDF mod server. i uploaded both files and renamed the one on the server. the server didn't restart. For some reason the server dislikes that updated apcupd.pbo.

Any ideas?
(04-02-2008, 05:12 PM)Variable link Wrote:Any ideas?

Remove the old pbo.
ok, Lobanak have fixed the mess. Mission now works Smile I think it still requires the MTLB addon on the client side. get it on Osku's website- http://www.elisanet.fi/fdf/en_news.html