Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: ArmA- Password Removal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you guys think about removing the password from the CiA ArmA coop server?

Andre

Hello Variable,
Hello gentlemen,

This is a crucial issue because it weigh on the future of gameplay on the CiA server.

Unlock server bring people, sure, but what people !

I think you like teamplay and serious cooperative gameplay, do you realy think people joining and leaving freely unlocked server will take care of that ?

Up to you messieurs to decide what kind of cooperative gameplay you want on your server... If you prefer huge squad or less but good teammates.

In case, you could open server in week to let people meet CiA, but lock it week-end or for coop nights you organize...

Cordialy,
Andre
Lately the arma games consists of only an average of 2-3 players, which is pretty poor. I do realize that opening it to public will bring a lot of immature players along with the flow, but maybe also some more good players that share the same game play preferences as ours? Maybe with harder work on part of the admin (kicking unwanted players) it will be worth it? Moreover, a real, open to public, good coop server, that do not constantly run evolution type missions, is a good contribution to the growing smaller real and mature coop community of ArmA.

If we will open it to public we will update the welcome message so it will express exactly the kind of behavior we expect on the server, and especially on game nights, like we have now on our ofp server.
Hi all

Its worth testing it. however..

there is another method: put the website adress in the server name and put the password on the site. this way interested ppl who want to invest some time still can join

Having too much kids joining in game is anoying I think
Hi lads,

i agree wtih Andre. As im almost the only guy from Cia who joins, and i dont want to end up to put diszipline on some kids. And i doubt that the bummers will care much about the welcome-message. I guess the most dont even read it properly.

Rundll´s idea to put the PW somewhere here in the forums is not his worst ;-). I think that could help to sort out the biggest messies...

Cu all tonight!

Tony

Ok, I'll put the Password at the end on the "Server Rules" section, for starters. What kind of message should we have on the arma server name?