Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Somebody got the German GameStar 08/2008?

There is an exclusive german report about Codemasters OFP2 inside. It sounds very nice what they write, but we have to see if the game will be as good and as free as original OFP and ArmA.

The game is 60% ready and will be released in the 1st quarter of 2009 (maybe, we will see).
I have high hopes about OFP 2 Dragon Rising. From what I've read I hope it will be much better than crappy ArmA.
hmm... If we ever see OFP2 at the local game-pusher. Seems we have been waiting for it nearly ten years now. Well, at first I suppose it was what today is ArmA (before BIS/CM breake-up) but I have read the official CM forum, and NO serious info at all there, only wishlists.... Here is a fairly new link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/art...8&site=cvg
And if we ever do, I suspect it's far off from OFP (but I live in hope). Remember CM always want to get most money out of their investment, not satisfy the most hardcore players of a ten year old game. Sorry to admit, but we are a species on the edge of extermination (
cya
I take it you haven't read the bigger magazine articles. It's gonna be pretty much the most awesome game ever made. Or not, but whatever. In any case it will probably still be better than ArmA2.

You don't go to a user forum for information with big titles like this. The devs don't probably ever even take a look at that malarkey yet alone register a forum account to post something and who can blame them.
If the game looks like the screenshots they provide, ArmA2 needs a lot of work on the graphic engine. And if they also can bring the AI to the level they want, it will also be very good. But I think a lot of things will change during the rest 40% they have to do.

Saying OFP2 will be the killer or a flop and the same for ArmA2 is still to early. No playable Demos out where you can see the final graphic and gameplay. We still have to wait till more info is available. And everybody has a different view on games.

We can compare the games, when both are out and playable.
(07-05-2008, 10:48 AM)Lobanak link Wrote: [ -> ]Saying OFP2 will be the killer or a flop and the same for ArmA2 is still to early. No playable Demos out where you can see the final graphic and gameplay. We still have to wait till more info is available. And everybody has a different view on games.

We can compare the games, when both are out and playable.
Exactly. I haven't done much about Ofp2 yet but looking at what looks like rendered photoshop pictures or whatever.
Unless valuable information is provided I see no point in raising unnecessary expectations and even then you know that devs/publishers not always live up to what they promise  Wink
For when is Ofp2 scheduled to be released, mid 2009 maybe? So we'll have to wait until 2010 anyway...

Well at least I hope Codemasters will continue with what was good in Ofp (especially mission and addon editing tools and all the gameplay stuff of course).

Edit:
Quote:[...]I see no point in raising unnecessary expectations[...]
Well at least I hope[...]
Haha, I just noticed I contradict myself a little bit here, but well...  Smile
(07-05-2008, 06:44 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]For when is Ofp2 scheduled to be released, mid 2009 maybe? So we'll have to wait until 2010 anyway...
That would also demand a new rig to play it..... Wonder what recommended HW adds up to Wink
Once the recommended specifications for ofp 2 will be announced I'll buy a new rig, not a day before.