Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Lenin's Trinity missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm glad that you think that, given it only worked 1/3 of what I planned. It wasn't even supposed to be in night time damnit! But as it was so "well received" anyway I will add a Night time option  Smile
Mission is good. I like it because there are different kind of roles to play like for example engineer team that has to clean up the minefield. Possibility to call tanks to help us is also very nice. If something critics needs to be said, that boat was not usable because it was in the middle of two shores in water. Original plan was to use boat and attack to lighthouse area from west side and then approach to the town that was in north side of the bridge. Now we had to cross the bridge and clear the town 1st and after that move to lighthouse, this took some extra time for sure. And like Variable said, AI´s could be bit more intelligent so the mission wouldn´t last two hours like it did yesterday. Maybe main team´s confusing and slow officer had also something to do with this Big Grin
Thanks Slash! I will definately try to make the enemy more active in engaging and hunting the ranger team as well. Wink Also the boat misplacement will be fixed in the next version.

I wouldn't advice attacking the town before clearing the S end of the bridge (closer to start), though. That will only prolong the mission even more. Sad The tank base is very lightly guarded so better just assign a small team with satchels who will take care of them while the rest of the team waits near the ammo depot.
(01-26-2009, 09:32 AM)Lenin link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad that you think that, given it only worked 1/3 of what I planned. It wasn't even supposed to be in night time damnit! But as it was so "well received" anyway I will add a Night time option   Smile

I recommend that you leave night time as default. Ambushing that convoy without NV goggles added to the atmosphere and searching dead bodies for NVG's later on was a nice touch too.
I agree with Var on this one, I actually like night-missions (as long as we not fight in forests). And the Carl Gustaf was a good replacement for the loosy JAM2 AT4 launcher.
Stanch Rangers 5 updated today after playing it -> v1.2
-Tanks at light house will get active only when spotted on the other side of the river or when near the bridge, this will give you better chance at destroying them
-Friendly tanks won't move when given the stop command anymore (like they did tonight and drove into the water! -> boom...)
-In case you didn't notice there is a "Order Tank Crew Out" radio button which is to ensure that even if they will get "stuck" somewhere you will still get 1 tank at your disposal. This was fixed so that it will work even if the lead tank gets destroyed by falling off the bridge or something
I guess the tanks at lighthouse started moving when we shot the guy in the tower (my fault)?
Might be my fault by calling the tanks too early, but my idea was to bring them up, stop them and let them cross the bridge after we disarmed mines in town. Well, we know how that turned out ) And I'm not sure if tank started later but I don't think so. I noticed the "crew out" option but I taught it was to get help on ground (ha ha ha)
(01-29-2009, 01:15 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the tanks at lighthouse started moving when we shot the guy in the tower (my fault)?

Yep. That won't happen anymore. It's still best to destroy the tanks before engaging ammo, though.

(01-29-2009, 01:15 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Might be my fault by calling the tanks too early, but my idea was to bring them up, stop them and let them cross the bridge after we disarmed mines in town. Well, we know how that turned out )

No, it was my fault. The tanks didn't stop like they were supposed to. Instead they went hayware and 2/3 tanks took a dive in the river. The last tank just went braindead completely. But it's supposed to be fixed now, and even if it happens again (2 tanks take a bath, 1 braindead) you will now still get the last tank's crew to bail out via radio.
For your infos... Stanch Rangers 4 didn't load because it had a bush placed that the server didn't recognize. This was easily clarified by seeing the server log:

Quote:21:26:22 Mission co@_12_cia_stanch_rangers_4.trinity read from bank
21:28:29 Reading mission ...
21:28:56 No entry 'config.cpp/CfgVehicles.ED102_Bush19'.
21:28:56 Mission 2-5_cooperative.eden read from bank
different editoraddon?
Yeah I think so. It's that updated editorupdate enhanced from the Kegetys' one. Better because it sorts all that stuff into different classes like buildings/trees/rocks. Downside seems to be that not all are named the same as in Kegetys-eu. The problem at hand was a "Reeds 2" bush that had two different names, the false one above and the correct name that fixed it is "KEGres_Tree021".
So it's Kegetys who on server? Why not change it if there is some better? Or will it conflict with all missions made with Kegetys eu?
Not needed. Kegetys' editorupdate has everything. It's just not sorted at all and some stuff is hidden from the editor, like booze.
Pages: 1 2