Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Server down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Couldn´t connect to server yesterday. Retry tonight 20:00 CET?
Hi Slash,

right, yesterday the server was down, but Lobanak fixed it already. So its running again.

i´m not sure if any guys have time to show up tonight. Although i cant promise right now, i will try to be there.

Greets

Tony
Server down again?
Looks like  :'(
I hope someone will activate the server, it´s coop night :'(
This might be wrong place for this post but;
Is there a way for the most junior member to start the server or is it exclusively senior members artware only? Wink
(link on homepage don't work for me...)
I started the server for anyone who still wants to play tonight. The TS server is pretty empty and as I have some trouble with connecting to the Ofp server and monitoring it's status with Ofpwatch lately I won't play anything tonight...  :-[
I was able to login after your reboot. We started a mission and after dying i went to OFPWATCH to wait for restart. From that on - i never got back to game! This also happened on previous co-op night Sad The message was something like "server connection failed".

I wasnt able to see these pages (http://www.ciahome.net), i couldnt ping the site either with IP or DNS and the game session wasnt visible on multiplayer list. Maybe once in 10 mins my oft watch said "Playing" and i could see the mission going on with 5-6 players logged on and according to mission duration they had been playing for a good while.

When i tried to login then (middle of their mission going on) i still couldnt get logged in and as soon as i tried, the connection was totally lost and the game session disappeared even from OFPWATCH again. I dont know if you understand my messy description but the point is, CiA server seems to have started to refuse connections. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this or am i the only one "banned"? Sad

Cheers

Edited: Oh yes, when this all happened i was also kicked out from TS every time!? Couldnt relogin and TS said every time "The TS server seems to down or doesnt exist". Still in that blink of an eye (abuot once in 10 mins) when i saw mission stats in OFPWATCH, i also could relogin to TS to see it was full of players even thou i was kicked out in 5 secs. So the TS server definitely WAS on, i was just denied to reach that as well Sad

This must come from server end since i have tried everything on my client side. Even tried disabling my firewall and stuff. And this problem has started only now, everything was fine before. I havent done any PC system changes or reconfigurations either. Im puzzled and sad.
Hi Axe,
I can assure you that I am having the exact same problem since last sunday. I thought it was a problem on my PC as I had installed some system tools etc. which could have messed up my connections with the server. But apperantly this is not the case (unless you have also installed a Mini-SAP system with a Microsoft Loopback adapter, but I believe this is rather unlikely  Wink)?

Last sunday it was like this for me (and yesterday, too. That's why I did not even bother to play):

1. started the server with the PHP script from this forum
2. OfpWatch-lady said "creating"
3. I connect to teamspeak
4. I launch the game via OfpWatch to connect to the server but I never got to the lobby screen, I always stayed at "Waiting for server"
5. after a few seconds on the "waiting for server screen" (maybe around 30); teamspeak told me "your connection to the server has been terminated"
6. After this point OfpWatch refused to tell me the Cia server status
6.1. I could not connect to TS again
6.2 I could not open any page on http://www.ciahome.net (connection timeout)
7. after a few minutes (5 to 10) everything was working again until I tried to connect to the Ofp server via OfpWatch again, then all started again from point 2. of this list

But now it comes: I could perfectly connect to the Ofp server and stay connected to Teamspeak when I launched Ofp normally and connected via the ingame MP browser...
So the problem *seems* to be connected with OfpWatch but I have no clue what could be causing the trouble  ???
I've had exactly the same problem as Axe which was fixed by rebooting my ADSL router (at least for some time). All CiA ip's seized to exist while other parts of the Internet remained attainable, including GameSpy where I could see the server up but could not connect.

And I don't have OFP watch (I use OFP Launcher).
Hi there,

in the last few weeks, some strange things were going on in the hosting center where the server is located. First the switch in the rack was down and then sometimes the server was not accessible. I don't know what the problem was, cause no information from the hosting company. I hope it will get better in future.

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak (admin)
Is it possible to check the log-files to see when/ if the server is down? To check if the server is actually running even if we can't connect? It looks to me as this can be a connection-issue of some sort, I'm sometimes able to see the server in OFPW and at http://stats.swec.se/ofp/servers.php but not in OFP browser (serverlist). When I try to connect by OFPW it take 10 min before server respond and then a couple of more min before I get disconnected (connection lost).
When this happens I'm not able to connect to any CiA-related site/ adress... (web/ mail/ ts), not even ping them.
I was (for the first time) visiting r-media, according to homepage the site is under reconstruction.

BTW: Muerte at LOL (he is server-admin) told me once the server could be unstable if the log-files grow too big. Dunno the limit but might be worth a check?
The log file is about 22 MB big. I will move it away and let create a new one.

Maybe you can download the log file and look for date and time when you have problems. It's name is log.2302.txt.

Greets

Lob
Oki, will do
It is exactly like Lenin described: all CiA IP's cease to exist including web site and TS server!

Overlord's description sounds definitely like the same problem. However the server must be on because during that short relogin try i could see 5 persons happily playing Smile and the mission had been going on about 11 minutes or so... there was a game going on "behind my back".

I tried of course everything, i also tried to login inside OFP (from Multiplayer screen). I couldnt find any active sessions going on (CiA IPs unreachable). Then i tried to create a new one and i COULD. So there was 2 sessions going on, others 5 were playing the official CiA coop night and i had my own parallel test session with me playin alone :p

Today (on sunday, just a moment ago) there was again lotta players who blinked on screen trying to connect before vanishing. Thats why i didnt close my OFP tonight when dying. If i had, i would've certainly joined them. And the server was on, because there was 4-5 of us who were playing many missions. Others just couldnt connect so the magical number seems to be 5 at the moment? Could you guys check if there happens to be some kind of "slipped in" configuration setting on server which at the moment maxxes out the amount of concurrent connections to 5?

It seems cleaning log files didnt help. There is certainly something wrong. Many of the kicked names tonight were CiA frequents Sad and im afraid this great event will die out if players move on to other working servers.

P.S. No Zwobot, i definitely havent installed any what-was-it SAP-windows-loopout-monster Smile
Pages: 1 2