Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: A&D Insurgency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im trying to do is make an adversarial mission/template with sides which are different. I dont want it to be 2 equal sides fighting over a town, I want something like one side with inferior weapons, but greater numbers or a mission where one side is all human, but defending against  player led  units of AIs. But I need actual ideas, and possibly scripts to help with balance.

EDIT: with nothing elses better which I could be doing, Im trying to make a multiplayer version of the SLX drag scrpt (and just the dragging and burying sections of it), which should hopefully mean that at the end of a battle we get to do some form of casualty clearance, and commit war crimes  Tongue. Plus, itll add to the teamwork, as we'll have scenarios where we have to run into the open to save a wounded comrade.
I would like to try A&D on Saturday (I prefer missions without respawn). Only use AI to even up the groups if needed. The biggest challenge would be to recruit some ppl to play against Wink
After spending a couple of hours pruning and trimming, I do believe I have managed to isolate all the scripts from SLX I need for a multiplayer compatable drag script. When its ready for anything other than testing to see if it actually works, Ill upload a version.
Isn't SLX a singleplayer mod though, and uses an invisible vehicle for dragging? (ie, requires an addon to work, for the animation and the vehicle)
Yes unfortunately, but the one I have trimmed down is only about 400kb. And at the moment, I see no reason why it wouldnt work in multiplayer as long as you both had the addons.
Legendary last words ;D It's very difficult to foresee all MP issues without extensive testing for something like this unless you're the master of all things ofp, scripting and multiplayer or have some serious psychic powers Tongue
(11-07-2008, 10:37 AM)Mjolnir link Wrote:Yes unfortunately, but the one I have trimmed down is only about 400kb. And at the moment, I see no reason why it wouldnt work in multiplayer as long as you both had the addons.
But u also have to consider all other mods ppl loads, not only the required ones. That have been an issue on Funhouse lately, mostly related to different versions of ECP I guess. I prefer to use only the required mods (in a crazy believe that this might reduce crash). I have a slight remembrance of the SU25 in FDF is altered compared to the BIS one (might explain why Wings of Hell won't run here). As for SLX (and FFUR) they ain't made for MP but SLX is a great mod with the new stuff it introduce (ability to set fire on stuff, hide in grass etc)

I'll check in tomorrow if someone wanna play A&D anyway
Well, this saturday wasn't a tremendous success ;D

Guess we have to advertise this more to get a decent turn out. And make those small A&D missions. Or play with group respawn.
Pages: 1 2