Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Altered FDF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know Faggus and Osku and maybe more ppl have done a great job with the Finnish translation of OFP

BUT please dont use it on coop night, not all of us understand Finnish text or language.

I suggest we (on CiA coop) use original voice/ .csv, that way we all get the preferred/ installed language present.

And NO, I'm not going to learn finnish,
u got the peace prize (despite ur knifes and vodka) what more can u wish for? Tongue
I second that.
I got used to it, i don't mind.
(12-13-2008, 12:49 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I got used to it, i don't mind.
The problem is that I don't understand the ingame orders or reports. And neither does any none-finnish-speaking player I suppose.
The Finnish sound/ language was one of the reasons I installed FDF way back, couldn't understand a s##t but it didn't really matter as the text (and orders) still was in English (orders, directions e.g). When Osku and Faggus decided to change that I got lost.

This is only a humble request from a baby member but it really turn down my game experience and more important, make me less able to play as we (and I) want to play..
(12-17-2008, 02:03 AM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]The Finnish sound/ language was one of the reasons I installed FDF way back, couldn't understand a s##t but it didn't really matter as the text (and orders) still was in English (orders, directions e.g). When Osku and Faggus decided to change that I got lost.

This is only a humble request from a baby member but it really turn down my game experience and more important, make me less able to play as we (and I) want to play..

Wait a minute. You mean the English text is now altered too and is now Finnish? If that's the case than yeah, it's better be turned back to English. I don't mind Finnish audio as long as there is English translation.
Yes, that's my "problem" too Variable