Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: How to install and use OFPWatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another guide for you:

Download the program ->http://www.binarybone.com/ofpwatch.zip
Extract it to a folder on your HD, no install needed only configuration.

Start the program, at first run OFPWatch will scan your ofpdir for addon folders and add them to a list. This might take some time if you have lots of addons so be patient.

Now you need to add our server:
Click [Add] upper left in program (server selection)
Select Network Server and put 85.252.203.43:2302 as Address
Next, check the list of Availabel mods and mark finmod and add it by a click on []
Do the same thing with the the rest of our addons (BAS/CiA or whatever depending on your install)
Be sure to set finmod on top of the Mods to load list to avoid conflicts and hit [OK]

Now you are ready to use OFPWatch
In upper right side you see who's on the server, what mission playing, status and so on
On bottom right side you have 3 choices under Actions, check the first one
Use the two others as you like but be aware of the fact that if you use Launch OFP when this game ends OFPWatch will start a new instance of OFP with the correct mods loaded and connect to our server. The same thing happens if you press [Play now].
Depending on your computer it might get stuck if you try to run several instances of OFP at once.

[red]Importaint:[/red]

Since we, occasionally, run WGL from the same server I suggest you set up a new entry dedicated to WGL in OFPW.
Follow same procedure as above, but load [b]@wgl5
and @ciawgl instead of finmod and @cia/ bas

[i]EDIT by Osku : Updated with correct server IP
Good guide. I have set it to sticky.

Overlord, can you write a similar guide of how to install OFP and the needed CiA addons? It will be very very useful to new joiners.

Edit: Overlord, I just remembered that you have written such a guide before, check my reply there..
helpful site for getting hold of ofp server ip addresses to use with ofpwatch

http://stats.swec.se/ofp/servers.php