Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Setting Ai faces
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Make

Hello there everyone, im planning to make my own mission and im just wondering how to put same face i want to one of my soldiers.  ???
Do you mean your own custom face or do you mean any of the OFP-faces?
All players with custom face get their own face in-game, and if you plan to set faces I think u must do it in Description.ext e.g. soldier1 setFace "face8" as described here http://ofpec.com/COMREF/index.php?action=details&id=294

Edit: This command might work from mission.sqm too

Make

Where i can found this description.ext ?
Ordinary faces can be set without description.ext directly in the editor, e.g. in the initilaization field of the respective unit. You have to use the setFace command for this. It works for default faces included with Ofp but also with face files you placed in the mission folder.

The description.ext is used for defining so called identities with which you can define name, face, voice and pitch for a unit. You have to assign a defined identity to a unit via the setIdentity command.

Make

Thanks. I got what i wanted  Smile
(02-17-2009, 07:46 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]Ordinary faces can be set without description.ext directly in the editor, e.g. in the initilaization field
and the init. field ends up in mission.sqm under the unit in talk right? So instead if messing around in mission.sqm I can set several commands in init?
That's right. Everything you do in the Ofp Editor ends up in the mission.sqm file. Under normal conditions you should not mess around with the mission.sqm; I only do it in special occasions like converting a mission to a certain addon pack or mod (searching and replacing the vehicle class names with a text editor, preferrably Notepad++).