Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: We need more god “NCOs”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a serious problem fore all that like the CIA coop, and this is a problem we need to solve or at least try to.

Right now to few prefer to play as Squad Leader, and some times one is forced to play it.

And I understand that no one wants to play as squad leader. You are many times met bay a crowd of egger players that just wants to run around killing every last enemy on the map.
And as a squad leader you try to solve the mission, believing that players join the server to play coop and understand the server rules.

I would prefer if we all could try to make the task of being squad leaders easier.
Tell players that bombard the SL “go go gos” to shut up and let the SL do his thing.
Be ready to volunteer to do recon or to guard a flank, or those other things the SL cant do himself (or should not).

And if you find a god squad leader make sure you make him know it. All like when you give them positive remarks when they have done something god.

And to all wanabe SL out there don’t be afraid doing a mistake, it takes time to become the best. You will fail many times, but don’t give up keep trying you will learn.

Please take care of those that try there luck as Squad leader, we all will benefit from it in the end.

Cheers
Grip
I agree with you to a certain extent Grip, but in my opinion the real trouble starts when TL goes airborne. Not all "next-in-command" are prepared for it and have made no plan for it. Sometimes it works by letting another player than the one given (next-in-command)take lead too, and we can't be too rigid on this matter. Players usually want to have their preferred slot due to weaponry or position, can't force a player to lead either.
One way to solve this problem is that TL, in briefing, give a short layout of his general plan before missions start. This way all players is informed of targets/ attack plan so the "next-in-command" don't start on ground zero.

But hey, it's a game and it's meant to be fun too Smile
I think you should either designate an assistant squad leader right in the briefing who will take command in case leader dies no matter who gets the command bar. Otherwise whoever gets the command bar has to lead which can cause minutes of disorientation a la:
"who is leader" - "dunno" - "ha, i'm leader but i don't want to be leader; who wants to be leader" and so on and so on.
And even if there is a competent leader in the number 2 slot it's not guaranteed that he will become leader because the mission designer might have setup the playable groups badly so that the chain of command is a bit weird.

And by the way: Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment. So don't be afraid to take a leader slot in a mission and gather your experiences  Wink
(03-25-2009, 12:17 AM)Zwobot link Wrote:And by the way: Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment. So don't be afraid to take a leader slot in a mission and gather your experiences  Wink
Can't say I have experienced much of that (even if I've made a lot of bad judgments Tongue

Make

Yes, my problem is i cant use mic and without mic you cant be a good leader.  :'(

MattyDienhoff

(03-25-2009, 01:06 PM)Make link Wrote:Yes, my problem is i cant use mic and without mic you cant be a good leader.  :'(
You can, it's just harder, especially if you're not a good typist.
Llauma used to lead us most of the times back in the old days, and he did excellent without a mic. Although I must say it surely helps to shout along with it.

I think we have some excellent squad leaders among us every night, they're just somewhat reluctant to do so at start. In the end, it always turns out great and we hardly ever have to force someone to lead. Usually, number two gets the command bar after the leader dies, so whoever chooses that spot should be aware of this and start leading as soon as possible.

Make

Heh. My leader died last coop night and i had to take lead. It went fine and now i want to lead more Tongue
OH NOOOOoooooo......  thats what i feared!

But... i have nothing to fear, it cant be worse than Ovlerlord leading us  8)

(03-29-2009, 02:16 PM)Fat Tony link Wrote:OH NOOOOoooooo......  thats what i feared!

But... i have nothing to fear, it cant be worse than Ovlerlord leading us  8)
Tnx T(K)ony.....
Well a have changed my mind on this the problem right now isent the lack of NCOs. That Make volunter to do this solved that, but its more a problem of the NCOs run of and get killed after 5min. They are the only ones that isent allowed to get killed. But if they are they should have made sure that all now the plan and not only them.

Cheers
Grip