Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Members active on the forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The stats say 381 members but howe many is really active on the forum.
Is it possibel to place all active members(those ho have login durring the last year maybe) in a seperat folder so you see hove many active members it is?.

Cheers
Grip

Make

Grip, you can see yourself who is active and who not Wink

so well i just mean you can check who people post here for replys or create new ones, so you know they are atleast active.

Indeed, it would be great  idea.
Hola,

well, i dont want to spoil some fun, but if it comes up to me i´d say, that this information is pretty useless. Its even hard to define a active user. Is he active, when he logs in or is he active when he writes? What period schould be considered to be set as inactive and when will someone be active again?

I think thats all pretty much subjective, and "someone" (that´ll be Lobanak) would have to put some good work to it just to get a "not accurate" answer.

Greets

Tony
Well Tony i whold say that any one that login is active fore what ever reson he do it. And well any one that haven bein login sen 2007 could be hardly active(or?).
Of course its whold be a hard work fore Lobanek, but  shouldent it be nice to now how many of the 381 thats still play, or atleast is caring about this page.

Its just a sugestion so whold be nice to hear from Lobanek if this is somthing he think is possibel and plossibel.

Cheers
Grip
Hola,

"Well Tony i whold say that any one that login is active fore what ever reson he do it. And well any one that haven bein login sen 2007 could be hardly active(or?)."

Well, thats the point: Thats your personal meassuring, others might throw in other periods. And what will happen with people, which had a pause for some yeras and then have a look on the site? Is he active again? Or does he need 5 logins? Too many parameters in my opinion.

The number of registered persons dont have to do with the number playing on the server anyways.

I think we have about 20 guys playing more or less regularly on the server, and several "guests". Some of them are registered here, but surely not all of them. Others have an account on the BIS Forums aswell, some may have none at all. Others have an account here on the site and wont show up for the Nights aswell. The number of active regular writers here on the site is (as i would count it) about 15 atm.

Greets

Tony 

(03-29-2009, 02:14 PM)Fat Tony link Wrote: [ -> ]Hola,

"Well Tony i whold say that any one that login is active fore what ever reson he do it. And well any one that haven bein login sen 2007 could be hardly active(or?)."

Well, thats the point: Thats your personal meassuring, others might throw in other periods. And what will happen with people, which had a pause for some yeras and then have a look on the site? Is he active again? Or does he need 5 logins? Too many parameters in my opinion.

The number of registered persons dont have to do with the number playing on the server anyways.

I think we have about 20 guys playing more or less regularly on the server, and several "guests". Some of them are registered here, but surely not all of them. Others have an account on the BIS Forums aswell, some may have none at all. Others have an account here on the site and wont show up for the Nights aswell. The number of active regular writers here on the site is (as i would count it) about 15 atm.

Greets

Tony 

I'm with Tony on this one. We need to stay as an open club for those who would like to come back and renew their interest in CiA.
Yeah, it can be many reasons for "inactivity" too such as marriage, work or imprisonment. You don't wanna mess with a just released, married guy just coming home from work will you? Smile
Is it Tony or Variable you are refering to now Overlord. Wink

Lets change the title to logged in during the last year then, this way newbis like me don need to wonder why the 360 other never show up in the Coop.
A dont think you should remove any one that have a acount, nether do i think you should say ho it is that is active(as you can do that right now any way if you have a lot of time).
Im happy white nowhing how many that is still intrested in the game(and still remembers ther login). Using a longer time span will make it possibel fore any one that has maybe lost his copy to do late return.
And if any one that created an acount in 02 login today thats great becuse then he mist it so much he coudent stay away from it.

Cheers
Grip

Make

I am atleast active  Big Grin
Hmm.... why you want to know how many are active? You only see the logged in with name. And I think if somebody don't want to post, only want to read, he will not log in. So he is counted as anonymous. I also do not log in on other forums when I only want to read and can do this without logging in.

I can delete all users which have not logged in since some time, but then you maybe never know who has written a post 5 years ago, cause the user is deleted. And if you have some questions regarding a really old post and you know the name and know the guy is active in some other forums or you see him playing, then you can ask him, even if he is not active in our forum.

I also can delete really old posts, but then you maybe do not find a post which you need and which were there some time.

And for coding some statistics I have no time and no head. I think it's not really needed and I don't know any forum who has this option or uses it.

Greets

Lob
Whatever we decide on the future about this subject, let's just don't delete any CiA members, even if they havn't logged in in a while. I believe that if someone has become a member, he should be dealt with some more laverage that will encourage him to return.
I always tried to keep members and posts when switching forum systems, so no deletion in future as long as the system don't break down. And I think we have not as far as many posts as biggest installations on other servers.