Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: WGL Thursday night 9/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few of us is planning to play WGL Thursday evening and Zwobot have promise to start the server in WGL so any one that wants to join please make sure you have WGL 5.12

Expect activity after 1800 but fell free to drop in any time during the evening.

Cheers
Grip
I'll be there. I might be around from around 1700 your time...

CiA staff, Any chance of making a regular WGL coop night a week, maybe every Thursday night?

We had an internal discussion about a regular WGL night a few weeks ago. The main reason we did not have any regular "official" WGL coop night until now was the lack of missions but I think this situation has changed by now.
I'm uploading ~1000 missions now.

They are in format wgl_<source>_<mission type>_<max players>_<name>_<version>.pbo

Some of them require WGL islandpack or Zeus Common addons. Both of which are not installed on the server yet.
Excellent, sounds great!

I notice the Zeus site is not up anymore. I did download the zcommon.rar and missions before it went down if these are needed just let me know, but I'm assuming you have them just not on the server...

Martin.
Gum's infamous blood trail from the first mission... "I'm the leader, don't worry about waypoints just follow the blood trail..."
[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10--9.jpg]

[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10-01-.jpg]

Let me introduce Gum's friend...
[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10--8.jpg]

He ignored Gum's orders to stop at the vehicle checkpoint, put his foot on the accelerator and almost ran Gum down...
[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10--7.jpg]

[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10--6.jpg]

Gum later caught up with him and shot his tyre out in revenge... the man was angry and tried to chase Gum down but then decided to run off into the bush...
[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10--5.jpg]

Mortar targets... infantry in the open...
[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10-03-.jpg]

Grip calls in Willie Pete:
[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10--3.jpg]

[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10--4.jpg]

The aftermath:
[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10--2.jpg]

[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10-04-.jpg]

[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10--1.jpg]

In the next post we will discuss the "little" mortar accident Slash and Leo had.... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin ;D ;D
And here are some more Mortar hits
[Image: 29a1b432295714.gif]

[Image: abc05232295715.gif]

A dosent whant to be on the reciving end of this ;D
Gum hard at work....
[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE-2009-04-10-05-.jpg]
After Thursdays WGL night a think it just in order to say Tank you Leo fore setting up your own server fore us when the cia server had problems.
We played some fun missions including a 2-3h mortar mission, the one were one of the finns stuck his head into the mortar barrel and Gum were harassing the civilians Smile

Cheers Grip
Yep, thanks for setting up your server Leo. Much appreciated.
Yes, thanks, Leo! Marto, nice mission - I grabbed it from the cache and have been practicing with the mortar. Working out the calculations for a successful shot can get addicting. . .