Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Waypoint/ triggers on random units
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the "Probability of Presence" option to "randomize" mission but how can I be sure that triggers and waypoints I set to that group will react "as normal"?

E.g. I have a tank squad with each unit set to 50% PoP, but as you know we can only assign WP to the head unit. Same for triggers, can only be linked to leader. Will WP and triggers be "transferred" to next in command?
I haven't tested any of this but this is how I think it works:
I am pretty sure that Waypoints will be handed over to the next in command. You can easily test this yourself, can't you?

For the triggers: If you group a trigger to a unit and specify the activation to vehicle the trigger will only fire when this particular unit enters the trigger (if it is present at all of course). It wouldn't be logical if this trigger would be passed down the chain of command in the group if the unit it is actually grouped with is not present.
When you choose whole group or any groupmember I'd suppose the trigger will be passed to the next unit which is present in case the leader is not. You can test this very easily too.
Tnx Zwobot, yes the WP seems to pass down but it seems I need to experiment a bit with the triggers. Maybe e.g. alivecheck on group?
You can test it like this:
[Image: c3d8a533715014.gif]

Place a group of intantry, set the probability of presence of it's leader to 0%; group the leader with a trigger and in the on activation line type: hint "trigger activated". The hint will not show thus we now know grouped triggers are not passed to the next unit in command.
By the way you can group triggers with any unit, it will not "snap" to the groupleader. That means when you group the trigger with any other unit than the leader in the above setting the hint from the trigger will be displayed.  Smile
(04-25-2009, 05:32 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]... you can group triggers with any unit, it will not "snap" to the groupleader ...
I think I will investigate that line of approach (lots of funny words ain't it?Smile )
I'll try it,  and also try to check how that sort of "grouping" will affect performance. Not as I'm going to make a "hyper-express-fabulous" mission but I don't wanna make a "hyper-express-fabulous" laggy mission either...  ;D