Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Revive respawn.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is your opinion of it. I just wish to know, because Ive found a script which I can actually get to work, and Im thinking of putting it into a mission Im makeing for the WGL server, a PVP. It would be limited by 2 or 3 times at most, and only a medic would be able to do it, but it appeals to me tbh.
Revive missions, to my opinion, are automatically bad missions, to be honest.
Revive is not bad per se. Make it customisable via mission parameters so the admin can choose how much revive there will be available in the mission (none, 1 or 2 and medics only yes/no). I think you are talking about the mapfact respawn Mjolnir?
I cant get the mapfact one working, Im talking about Dolittle's revie respawn script I found on OFPEC, I finally worked out how it works, and am using that.
A whould prefer a script that allows you to pick up and carry your wounded insted or drag them after you. To revive the ded isent my thing. Wink

Cheers
Grip
I have subtibly altered the SLX drag script, but it needs an addon, and im not entirely sure of mp compatibility anyway.

Make

My option is that revive makes game more unrealistic. Come on, if you get shot by a rpg or something you cant survive, if you dont have balls of steel ofc  Tongue
Don't forget to leave a "0 revive" option if you are going to make a revive mission. Personally I don't like "unlimited life", but I think revive is suitable for "Corner to Corner" type missions (co18@_corner_to_corner_(usmc) - desert island)
@Make, don't be cocky because Suomi have a hockey team Sad
(04-26-2009, 01:34 AM)Make link Wrote: [ -> ]My option is that revive makes game more unrealistic. Come on, if you get shot by a rpg or something you cant survive, if you dont have balls of steel ofc  Tongue

1. Its entirely possible to survive being in the blast area of an RPG, and it has happened many times IRL.
2. Its not meant to be entirely realistic, but its meant to make the game more interesting.
3. If I could really be bothered, I could set it up so that certain wounds/weapons hits couldnt be revived from.

Make

(04-26-2009, 01:44 AM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]@Make, don't be cocky because Suomi have a hockey team Sad

More like fighting team.

Doesnt norway have one  :o
(04-26-2009, 08:30 PM)Make link Wrote: [ -> ]Doesnt norway have one  :o
Don't look like...
I think it's okay when you play with just a couple of guys and the mission is ridiculously long and difficult.

It could be kinda interesting for A&D because you could booby trap bodies with CoC mines etc ;D

Chris Johnson

Wow what an irony - I always pick the medic slot  ;D