Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: someone said cia should have pasword so we can avoid players who dont...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone said cia server should have pasword so we can avoid players who dont have the WHL MOD or the other addons.

Proplem is sometimes players comes with out WGL or FDF mod.

So they get in to AI when game starts.
i mean WGL mod

Sorry my english
there's no prob when the server is on fdf mode, cuz ppl who don't have stuff gets disconnected automatically, but yeah.. unlike in wgl

ps: you can edit your posts iriz, no need for new one if you mess something up  Wink
As it's my first post: hello everyone.
On-topic: I think putting pass on server is bad idea as it wouldn't get new players. Fe: I would never get possiblity to join server and find out about WGL. I think server needs more text propaganda about WGL mod. I don't know how it works in OFP but it would be good idea to write plugin sending message ONLY to people that don't got WGL on to get WGL and/or dropping them before they join. As I said I don't know if it's possible to write any server plugins in OFP so someone enlight me Tongue
Why not read [b][blue][i]here?
i think i agree with dogmeat
the problem is even if we tell them 10 times to "get the addons at ciahome.net", most of them don't even notice/care/(understand english?!), and also after 3 kicks they come back and say "wtf? why?" etc.. so the problem is with their iq. :Smile so these kind of ppl won't understand any 'propaganda' if they don't understand stuff that we tell them 3+ times. (imo)

Make

Password is good idea and bad idea.

Without password we will get noobs of course, but some noobs (like me when i started plaiyng in CiA)  dont know about those some island and bas addons before i joined there.You should give new players a chance, who knows if they will be CiA members in later. If they dont reply when you say get addons at http://www.ciahome.net you should warn him to kick and after that you should kick him.  We have lot of players in CiA coop nights but they are not registered in forum or dont even mind to check it, so they have chance to play there anyway.

Just ignore this message, its nothing important because i wrote it. Tongue
There is no life without noobs Smile
G'day everybody,
I'm obviously a "noobee" as you guys call it and im looking forward to only my 3rd ever co-op night tonight. I was intoduced to cia by Marto who provided me with all the info for the server and helped with addons for wgl. I think a password is a great idea as we had to wait nearly 15mins before even getting to the breifing while people were told to get the addonsthe other night. I would have had to deal with the same thing 5 weeks ago when i first started playing but i felt like i was introduced to the server as a guest by marto who is a member of the cia website (not cia member though). This guest idea could work for noobees in the future as a trial basis for co-op nights. Wink
Once upon a time the CiA server was PW protected but some wise [CiA] members decided to remove the PW.

I suppose it was to attract more players to the server. Me for my self was recruited by [CiA]Variable via another server, but it must have been laboring work to play on all other servers just to inform about CiA server when, in reality, we want to play here.

[blue]So, for all newbies on the server [red]THIS[/red] is essential reading...[/blue]
Sadly enough, there's no in-built noob-filter in OFP but we always have K&B.

Make

Its really pointless to lead if your squad mates dont even know those rules.  :'(
(05-03-2009, 02:55 PM)Make link Wrote: [ -> ]Its really pointless to lead if your squad mates dont even know those rules.  :'(
I agree Make, I hope last night was a "one-night-only" experience...