Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: OFP : WGL addons Installation Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a simple guide on how to install WGL 5.12

Installation
Do a clean install of OFP as described in the CiA addons Installation Guide (You don't need to install FDF mod in order for WGL to work correctly).

Download WGL 5.12
Extract to [b]OFPdir\

[i]Download misc WGL addons
Extract [b]OFPdir\

Make shortcut
Go to desktop and make a copy of your Flashpoint Resistance shortcut.
Rightclick on it and add the following in the target area:  -nomap -nosplash -mod=@wgl5;@ciawgl
There must be a [color=red]s p a c e behind the last "

Optional: Enable AI voices
By default WGL has disabled AI voices.
If you want to enable them go to OFPdir\@wgl5\bin and open the file config_base.hpp with a text editor.
Change the line
//#define ENABLE_AI_VOICES
to
#define ENABLE_AI_VOICES

save the file and close it. Your AI are not muted anymore.
Guide link added to downloads page.
You [i]will need both [blue]WGL5.12 and [blue]@ciawgl to play on server so grab them both, it's free Wink

For the record, here is the islands included in the addonpack:

Island: CAT Afghanistan - catintro.pbo
Island: 73 Eastings (Iraq desert map, includes useful editor objects) - 73eastings.pbo, obj73east.pbo
Island: Occasus - occasus.pbo
Island: BDM Islands (Avignon, Lorient, Saint David) - BDM_*
Island: Anilym - anilym.pbo
Island: Trinity - trinity.pbo
Island: Phoenix - (phoe.pbo, pi_tex.pbo)
Island: Freya - freya.pbo)
Island: Jelalhabat (bare terrain, good for long view distance) - jelalhabat_isl.pbo
(05-09-2009, 02:55 AM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]You [i]will need both [blue]WGL5.12 and [blue]@ciawgl to play on server so grab them both, it's free Wink

hyperlink [or whatever it's called] to "WGL5.12" leads to "@ciawgl.7z"
The readme from the @ciawgl says:

Quote:If you have both zcommon and WGL island pack, you won't need this pack.

Obviously this is wrong - as we saw last night there are islands in the @ciawgl that aren't in the wgl islands pack or zcommon.
Unfortunately this is true. At least Lorient island is not in the WGL islandpack. Well, blame Pulverizer  Tongue
It's probably the BDM Islands.
On the bright side, download and install @ciawgl and you never ever spend time making missions for Islands NOT on the server.....
BDM islands are from Zcommon. You have the wrong version of it (maybe you downloaded ArmA zcommon lol).
I can understand Marto get something wrong, remember he need to read the screen upside down from "downunder" but
ZWO?? A proud member??
Big Grin
The zcommon I have I downloaded from the Zeus OFP website - it was for OFP - from here: http://www.ofp-zeus.com/nuke/index.php (doesnt work anymore) - it doesnt have Lorient...
Okay you can get the BDM islands here. Zcommon was being updated quite often so it's possible there's multiple versions still around.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JECJ7999

Was there any missions for the missing islands?
Not much Pulv, but it is nice Islands
Hello, folks. If you're still playing WGL and would be interested in some 6-10 players missions, I have a couple I made for me and my friends which I could donate to you.
Hi Stilpu,

I would be interested in trying them. Best off send a pm to either Overlord or Zwobot and they will let you know where to fwd the missions to. Also post the names and which islands so we know where to look for them next time we play.