Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: stolen humvee or jeep as you say overlord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry about that but i wasnt there to see what was hapending.
I hope you arent angry to use who you kicked.

i didnt mean to steal it.
i wasnt there and i wanted to regroup rest of my team so i oderred them to take humvee-jeep and come closer to me.
Then you said you stoled our jeep-humvee
then i oderred to turn back to get you
but then it was too late :/
you know what hapend then.

Well i hope you arent angry to any of us  :-[ :-[ :-[

For: OverLord
Quote:CiA Server Rules

1. Orders
If the leader gives you orders, follow them at all costs, even if it may seem senseless in your eyes

Smile

i did exactly that when i got in that humvee and drove away
1. I don't hate none of you
2. You got your own hummys
3. We used like 5 min to load that hummy with stuff needed
4. Suddenly someone stole our hummy and pissed off, no explanation
5. It pissed me off too
2. Reporting Back
3. Formation
7. Too bad for all of you MetalCraze [b]finished this mission
8. Follow the rules next time you play on server and we all will have a good time
9. The other option is even worse than your worst nightmare Tongue

[size=7pt]nice sig. Ferenczi :-)
so it all went like this:

after we took out the hostiles attacking us, but before the chopper arrived, iriz and cola went west, to find some AKs. the others [incl. me] were hanging out at the starting pos. after the chopper arrived, we went down there. cuz of iriz and cola were 1km away, i radioed iriz "need a ride?", a moment later i got the reply "okay" but no exact order yet. a bit later i switched to blue channel and asked something like: "team 2, is this the only humvee?" just for curiousity - but i got no reply
2. Reporting Back
???

a bit later i got the exact order via chat + wp to get in that humvee.
so i got in, i had to wait a sec till some other guy gets in as gunner [as ordered to].
then iriz gave the order to go. the next thing i remember is grip saying "STOP THAT HUMVEE"
this is when i got confused, and slowed down a bit, but still knowing that:

1. Orders
If the leader gives you orders, follow them at all costs
a moment later, i got the order to stop, and a bit later i was told to bring the vehicle back, and as i got back to the ammo crates and stopped, i had the opportunity to get to know my main menu better  ;D

so that's it.

ps: no offense to anyone

(05-09-2009, 02:24 AM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]nice sig. Firenczi :-)
[size=7pt]ps 2.: learn my name Ovirlerd  ;D
(05-09-2009, 09:52 AM)Ferenczi link Wrote: [ -> ]i switched to blue channel and asked something like: "team 2, is this the only humvee?" just for curiousity - but i got no reply

Intresting that you say that as "your" team had used another HUMVE to get to the place we were loading up "over" HUMVE. And you must have seen the two HUMVES at your starting pos, or the HUMVE 50-75M West of the cache. Tongue

Cheers
Grip

(05-09-2009, 01:52 PM)Grip link Wrote: [ -> ]Intresting that you say that as "your" team had used another HUMVE to get to the place we were loading up "over" HUMVE.
we went to the ammo cache on foot, not by humvee

our starting pos was at west, and yes, we had a humvee there.. without fuel.

but that's an other thing anyway, cuz i got order to take that exact humvee that was at the ammo cache = the "OL humvee"

Make

Big discussion about one humvee, dont US army have enough money to buy every soldier one  ;D
yeah, but i missed the "call the finns for help" radio command from the mission also  ;D
They are probably a bit sore because they was kicked off server due to acting like morons.
Let this be a lesson in how to NOT behave and get over it.
i still don't know where did i go wrong  ???
if being a moron = obeying orders, then better rewrite the server rules
(05-09-2009, 07:41 PM)Ferenczi link Wrote: [ -> ]i still don't know where did i go wrong  ???
if being a moron = obeying orders, then better rewrite the server rules

So skipping briefing, not paying attention to mission feedback, stealing other teams wheels is totally OK for you?

Well, it's not OK in CiA server
skipping briefing - i don't know what do you mean with that, i'm always there with my ears and eyes open [1-2 wc exception]

not paying attention to mission feedback - i don't understand this  ;D i might have some english problems.. Tongue

stealing other teams wheels - i can't say anything else except that i said before..
Quote:If the leader [= iriz] gives you orders [= get in the humvee and drive away], follow them at all costs, even if it may seem senseless in your eyes.

i can agree that it was a senseless order, but i had to obey, cuz it is a CiA server rule.
I was not present in the discussed event and therefor I won't comment on it. But I want to say some things in general:
there has been a constant flow of new players on the server for the last few weeks and some of those players don't show the attitude we expect from the people who play on the server. We want to play as a team and be respectful with each other. Therefor we are going to sanction players who prefer to brew their own soup instead of playing with the team and subordinating to the group leader.

In concrete this means:
-don't flood the chat with unimportant spam, be it in the lobby, during the briefing or last but not least during the actual mission. All our regular players have a nice sense of humor and we like to show it but especially with large numbers of players on the server everyone must maintain a reasonable amount of (chat) discipline or you will make the admin's/leader's lives unnecessarily hard. Just use your common sense here (I hope you have one).

- use the green groupchat channel when you are not a groupleader or don't have a slot which requires to cross-communicate with other groups in the mission (e.g. pilots, tank commanders, mortar crew)

- don't spam the briefing map with childish markers

- don't delete user placed markers which are obviously used to illustrate the mission plan

- no "GO GO GO, green up!!!" during the slotting phase or briefing

- don't switch AI on or off in the slot screen, this is the job of the admin. If you want to have AI in your group ask the admin to turn it on for you

- pay attention to what your leader says to you and keep in formation

I think those are the most important points for now.

Make

I agree Zwobot. There are two things i want to comment anyway.
Leader could use also group channel if you need to speak your teammates, but if you need to contact another squad then blue channel.Sometimes when i am not leader i just see some leaders use blue channel to give orders to their team and it annoys me because i dont know what he is talking about and it spams green channel (only a bit)

And as Zwobot said dont delete user placed markers. When i am leader i use them so everyone i my squad knows main idea what we are going to do. Always someone deletes then and i need to create again and again unless i got bored. So please dont delete markers even if it would look like pointless. If your not leader please dont spam those markers then Wink. Thank you for your cooperative.
i agree with make that the leader should use the green channel too, it annoys me too when an other teamleader's words fill the chat. but all of this wouldn't even be a problem if all leaders would use a mic to communicate.
Pages: 1 2