Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: WGL Rucksacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im currently trying to add new sets of units and weapons to WGL. I have currently succeded adding British units, ad am going to start on the FDF ones next. I have but one problem. I can add the rucksacks as magazines, but i cant find the script to add them so it actually works. I know there should be a script somewhere, because I altered the Mapfact rucksacks in such a way, but I cat find it. Im just wondering if anybody has stumbled upon it.
Have you looked under bin\model_definitions?
I might be totally wrong but as I understand it, it's here you add different units to WGL (or vica versa if it make more sense). Could be nice with some winter units in WGL, but to port FDF to WGL will be a too complex task I guess. Or is it possible to add WGL configs to FDF?
MJ,

I've been working on the the same thing but trying to convert either the Taliban pack or the LoBo Terrorists pack to WGL weapons+loadouts - but the Taliban pack is very complicated with vehicles etc. The terrorists pack has nicer sounds.

Under \@wgl5\addons there is wgl_men_config.pbo I unpbo'ed it and in it is a file config.cpp with this line:

Code:
#define DefaultManWeapons Throw,Put,WGL_Put,WGL_Throw,WGLObjCarry

then in one of the files of the unit classes for example the USMC units cfgsoldierswusmc.hpp for a particular soldier type there is:

Code:
class WGL_USMC0311D2: WGL_USMC0311A
{
    WGL_USMC0311D2_MODEL
    WGL_USMC0311D2_WOUNDS
    WGL_USMC0311D2_HS
    displayName="0311D Grenadier";
    camouflage=0.72;
    accuracy=4;
    cost=605000;
    weapons[]={WGL_M16GL, WGL_RucksackAlice, DefaultManWeapons};
    magazines[]=
    {
        WGL_M16Mag, WGL_M16Mag, WGL_M16Mag, WGL_M16Mag,
        WGL_M433Grenade, WGL_M433Grenade, WGL_M433Grenade,
        WGL_M433Grenade, WGL_M433Grenade, WGL_M433Grenade,
        WGL_M16_PDM, WGL_M16_PDM, WGL_GrenadeW_PDM, WGL_GrenadeW_PDM
    };
};

Note in the weapons there is the rucksack (WGL_RucksackAlice) and DefaultManWeapons. So I think you need to add the rucksacks as weapons and also add DefaultManWeapons or just add all those as weapons separately as well (ie Throw,Put,WGL_Put,WGL_Throw,WGLObjCarry).

Please let me know how you go because as I said Im trying to convert the terrorists units and also maybe the Russian afghan units (ie from the 80's) - for the afghan islands....

Also if you use addon units like these are the WGL effects automatically applied ie the AI and the wounding effects?

Martin.
What I have doe is actually add more WGL units. Ill get screenshots sometime soon.

The way I did it, was to copy the unit files for the west infantry and the convert them so they use ukf models, ad then I actually added the weapons as well. I need to find the script where the ruckmags are enabled and add vehicals.

And given some time, it should actually be no problem for me to add properly configd FDF units to WGL. It took me around 5 hours to do 4 sets of infantry for the UKF + weapons.
BTW, before I really get into the FDF units, if I did them, would you be willing to use them on the WGL server, because I dont want to spend hours of my life doing something which isnt going to get used.
I think there is a copyright issue concerning FDF. I'm not sure how rigid the team are, you might need to contact some of [b]this guys.