Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Server crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just have seen, that the ofp server always has segmentation faults when crashing.

so the linux box gives something like this:
Code:
[ 1994.524124] server-ofp[24333]: segfault at 0 ip 0828902e sp bf913770 error 4 in server-ofp[8048000+645000]

So it really crashes. But still no idea what it could be that brings up the seg-faults.
Have you done any software upgrade recently?

I remember I had to install yydecode after an Ubuntu upgrade (despite Ubuntu stated they was NOT needed anymore). If my memory not completely fails me now, I think it was just a segfault I was struggling with for a while.

Is the error independent from server state (FDF/WGL)?
Ass uudecode has to be installed manually before installing ofp server on debian, it will not be removed. I just looked at the server, cause it was not reacting..... I had to do a reboot over my account of the hoster. Nothing was working. No ssh, no apache, no ftp, no traceroute. And the system is updated from time to time, but the needed libraries are in a directory inside ofp installation and used every time for the server, cause newer libraries do not work.

I think we have a seg-fault every time when you get an email from the server about ofp-server. As the time is not written in real, I cannot compare with ofp logs.
Last night I tried to start the WGL server with no success. FDF started just fine though.
Something changed in the wgl setup?
It seems WGL server can be a bit tricky to start from time to time, you need to start it several times before it finally starts. Usually when this occurs the server load finmod missions instead of wgl. Then you need to stop and start it again. I have no clue why. When if fdf-mode it's pretty ok, just wait for server to start by it/him/her self (I think it's a she cause "she" have some annoying tendencies)
Funny thing is that nothing work ftm....

only Watchdog entries in logfile, nothing form script
I renamed the old one btw for dl speed
Still down guess ill have to slum it and play on lol 4 a bit hope it pops back up soon  Smile
(05-20-2009, 01:57 PM)Overlord link Wrote:I renamed the old one btw for dl speed

please upload an emtpy log-file. Else running into trouble like it happend today, cause of wrong ownership.
rgr Sir