Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mumble - Interesting OFP project - 3D Positional Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
From the BIS OFP Forums: OFP + Mumble (3D Positional Audio)

Edit: Additional helpful links:

Mumble Homepage

Mumble OFP Plugin v0.8b by repeat

Edit: removed outdated link to PR Mumble setup guide, cf. stilpu's post on page 4 for the old link (originally referred to old PR Mumble instructions; still, sort of helpful)

Could get interesting if he gets this plugin done. I haven't used Mumble myself but I've heared the quality of service is about as good as Teamspeak, maybe even better. At least Teamspeak does not support positional audio.
Well, anyone interested in testing this out with me? I'm not sure what's involved, yet, but I'll be going through it.

Mumble OFP Plugin

cf. BIS OFP Forum post and Mumble FAQ
OK, I can try Wink
You have any server Anguis? I'll try start one but I need to do a LOT of reding first
I'll be in to try it too.
Yeah, count me in for the testing once it's setup too. But one guy already posted in the BI forum that the plugin ceased working when used with WGL.
(05-28-2009, 01:38 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]You have any server Anguis? I'll try start one but I need to do a LOT of reding first

Hi, Overlord - I'm sort of in the same boat you are. I have no experience setting up anything like this. I'm going through the config file to see what I need to do, but I don't quite have the vocabulary, yet, that I need to understand what's required. I am able to get the server running, but only in a minimal sense (it's pretty easy in Vista). I don't have a name, don't know what to do with an ip address (I'm just using my home cable connection). I'm not sure how to use the server - it runs, right now, on the same computer I use for both the client and OFP (I have a feeling that this might not be the way to go. . . I have an Ubuntu box that I'm thinking of using, but that'll take a bit more reading).
I'm reading documentation for both TS and Ventrilo in order to get an idea how these things work. If you have any tips, I'd be glad to know them. If it seems you (or anyone else) would get a server up more quickly than I would, let me know, and I'll be happy to join in a test.
Later!

Edit: Yeah, Zwobot, I saw that earlier, too. It'll be interesting to see what pans out. I was thinking particularly about using this with WGL (though I figure it'd be great with any mod, if it works).

Sample video of it in use: [url=
I have (sort of) set up a server. check here or PM later.
btw: overlay don't work for me... Anyone got it to work?
ANd I have to change ports, I'll use TS ports (8767)
New plugin version here.
Whats the status on this, does it work?
I've been off it this week, will try again, just reinstall my Linux box but something isn't good yet.
plugin version is now v0.6 - same link as above
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5