Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Idea on how to get more players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Chris Johnson

I noticed you guys keep talking about new players...new players....new players...so I figured out that maybe we can launch a commercial on YouTube like: "IF YOU LIKE OFP AND YOU ARE NOT A N00B - JOIN THE CIA SERVER - MORE INFORMATION ON WWW://CIAHOME.NET" - and I'm sure we will have at least 1 new player at a week joining
I don't think we should want to have new players that bad. The best scenario would be for a quite small group of players to stick around and become well adjusted to each other. However, players seem to come and go over time, so a certain flow of fresh blood is always required. With the banner and thread in the BIS forums we've attracted enough players to keep this thing going for over 7 years or so. Of Course, the older the game gets the more drastic measures are required to keep people playing. For now, I think we're doing fine and adding more players would certainly not necessarily increase the fun in gameplay.

Maybe we'll run dry soon if ArmA2 is as good as some claim it is, but we'll see whatever the future brings.
I think the official BIS forum is a better place to meet serious OFP players than youtube.
The [b][blue]CiA thread is one of the most popular over there, over 2000 posts and almost 100.000 views so I think its fair to assume that CiA is well known in the community.

btw: looks like something did go wrong when they upgraded forum, anyone care to re-reformat the 1st page?

Make

With youtube commercial we get only bunch of rambos like Overlord.  Tongue
It is even fun to play with small groups like 3-4 players.
;D

But I agree, it's probably more fun with one or two other players than 12 like me. Luckily for all of you it's still only one of me (afaik) in the universe, God bless you all Tongue

(can't be all over the place kicking ppl, I need an apprentice)
i know how to create cool videos with 3d effect and some cool stuff (i have a programm it cost 500€) if someone want to make a movie i maybe can help Smile

i have create a movie for my friend if u want u can see it (pm me)
LOL, done that for 15 years Tongue
done what ?
Created videos, do you ever read the last two or three posts (not to mention the whole tread) before you reply?
;D
i read all befor i post something but i didnt know to who u answer

Make

Clean up your glasses Tongue
i dont have glasses Smile
(06-04-2009, 12:41 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]btw: looks like something did go wrong when they upgraded forum, anyone care to re-reformat the 1st page?

Done. Added the re-activation of the password too.
(06-12-2009, 02:18 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Overlord link=topic=1764.msg8329#msg8329 date=1244112116]
btw: looks like something did go wrong when they upgraded forum, anyone care to re-reformat the 1st page?

Done. Added the re-activation of the password too.
[/quote]
I knew there is ONE guy we always can trust ;