Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: I bought a friend of mine a copy of OFP GOTY. . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
. . .and I am wondering if it'd be okay to let him play on the server (may I give him the password, please?). He's an old teammate of mine from my paintballing days. I'd like to get him up to speed on the multiplayer side of OFP. He'd be a good, disciplined team player. Any suggestions on good coops for training? any other advice for those new to OFP?

Thanks!
playing the campaign will make him trained enough, i guess

Chris Johnson

You can always place targets on mission editor and yell at him "GET DOWN AND GIVE ME 20 MAGGOT" ;D joking

Make

As Ferenczi said campaign is good way to train.
Another good way is to play few coop missions with your friend Wink
Just to clarify, he does not have the game, yet - still waiting on the delivery from Amazon. He won't be able to play for, hopefully, only about a week or so.
(06-07-2009, 08:21 PM)Anguis link Wrote: [ -> ]Just to clarify, he does not have the game, yet - still waiting on the delivery from Amazon. He won't be able to play for, hopefully, only about a week or so.

If anyone has a friend who want the password, please have him PM one of the CiA
members for the password. Please tell your friend to mention the following in his PM:

1. Who are you so we would know who directed him over to us
2. Mention that he had read the rules and obligated to them.
3. Confirm that he's got all the needed stuff installed.
Another vote for the campaign. It teaches basic rules like keep your head down and this isn't a frag-shooter. Also OFP campaign is a one good single-player experience.
You could also provide him with some of the missions from your MPMissionsCache folder, will also be a good way to check if he have installed the mods correctly. In most of the missions he's able to play as commander.