Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Alt+Tab crashes solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
you can also move cursor to every side out from screen and it will just disappear  Smile
Just and update, based on some recent testing. I had some problems w/ alt-tab a few days ago (maybe yesterday?). My settings for both OFP and Desktop: 1600x1200@75Hz. Alt-tab crashes OFP when I'm running FDF; there are no problems w/ alt-tab when I run WGL. I tested w/ the desktop @ lower Hz than OFP in FDF - that ran with no problems. The trouble with this is either a) I have to drop the DT Hz to 60, which looks rough, or b) I have to drop the resolution in OFP to 1280x1024 and up the Hz to 85 - this last scenario is not an option b/c I get better fps @ 1600x1200 than at 1280x1024 (tested this, again, and this is still the case, which is always a surprise to me). So, I think I'll go with option 'a' whenever I play FDF.

I did try the ctrl-alt-del tip and still crashed. Maybe I'm not doing that one correctly.
i had this problem on my old setup i assumed OFP crashed coz my machine couldnt cope with strain of having ofp minimized, does ofp crash for you when you run no-addon ofp?
(06-08-2009, 11:29 PM)Marto link Wrote:Guys Colakilla is right, I also use ctrl alt delete: after I press alt tab I press ctrl alt del and then cancel - this way I never have freezes or crashes. I think Grip uses this method as well.

That makes 3 of us. I have to do this ever since i increased the resolution in OFP, same as DT now.

And colakillers info about alt-tabbing and getting back to remove the 2nd mouse cursor is just what i have to do nowadays. I will definitely try the corner thing though.
What kind of GFX card are you running? There are some "tweaks" for both nVidia and ATI e.g. turn OFF (disable) Catalyst A.I. on ATI based cards, do not run same refresh rate in nVidia based cards.
Pages: 1 2