Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: For all new players- please read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I have come to write this post because I think something rather important is missed out by many of the guests here. terminology wise- a guest is anyone who is not a CiA member (recognizable by a [CiA] before their nicknames in-game).

CiA is a squad which based on its members. The server is owned by Lobanak, a CiA member. basically, the server, the forums and the website are services provided by Lobanak for the sake of all CiA members.

All those who play on the server as guests enjoy these services as a part of CiA hospitality. We welcome new players to play with us and this is the reason why the server, that was protected by a password for ages up until a year ago or so, stopped being password protected to welcome new players from around the world. We always hope the guests will welcome our hospitality by honoring our rules and our rather mature ways on the server and on the forums.

However, many of the current guests somehow feel that its their right to play on the server. It seems as if they feel that we owe them something. Like one of the shouts that I have seen today say: "Are you kidding me? How long that damn password will stay?" I wonder what kind of guest is welcomed to someone else' home and demand that the shower will be ready, and the meal will be served as he likes. So let me set things straights- no one, members included, don't get to behave like that here. ALL, and especially guests, are expected to follow the rules, respect the hospitality available here and act maturely. This means, among many other things, not to take CiA public services for granted and 'demand' them.

Well, it seems necessary now to say to all of the guests yet another time: we don't owe anything to anyone of you, you play here because we allow it, and if we feel that it is not fun for us anymore to stay public, the password will become permanent.

for all of those who have wondered why weren't they provided with the password- if you didn't get it, it's probably because you broke the rules, acted stupidly, spammed the text channel, spammed TS, or didn't stay serious during a coop night. Its' simple as that. As rule no.7 say- "This is the last and most important rule: Concentrate. We don't forbid joking, but once a mission has started, stay serious, calm and focus on the game!" Most of you who didn't get the password broke this rule.

The last thing you need to do is demand that the password will be removed, call it "a damned password" or demand that it will be provided to you.

Please consider this as a the last request by CiA, before more measures will come into effect.
well said & totally agreed
Hello.

As far as I know password was supposed to be on only during co-op nights. So I didn't complain too much when it occured that I didn't recive password.

I don't feel any shame for what I said as it wasn't such a big deal like you are trying to make it now. In other words: you are overreacting for a one word when you behave in way: we don't own you anything, go away, stalker! So let's put it straight. You actually didn't put any acceptable information on forums about password (including: who gets, who doesn't and why, how password work, how to be able gain access to password). Pretty much you didn't tell people anything.

I obey your rules always (even when OL orderd me to run as sniper-bait which made me die [about which I was sure but he insisted Wink]) and I didn't do anything wrong. From my point of view my situation is fatal already as I don't know what I am doing wrong on server and which rule I actually break. So there is no way that I can improve myself. I bet that some other people think same (thought some know what they are doing wrong as it's obvious).

Yes, server is your and you can do whatever you want with it but with this attitude you will never get new players. You, CiA guys, propobaly somehow figured out that new players = bad players because of one or two persons.  Such a way of approach is completly wrong in my opinion. I really didn't demand so much and form was acceptable for your way of behaving toward other people - completly no info about anything.

I will not say too much about it as although I feel that I am right about it, I can't fight with admins. And yes. I understand that my chances for password are going down, down, down with this post but I can't let this go like this.
(06-10-2009, 05:05 PM)Dogmeat link Wrote: [ -> ]In other words: you are overreacting for a one word when you behave in way: we don't own you anything, go away, stalker! So let's put it straight. You actually didn't put any acceptable information on forums about password (including: who gets, who doesn't and why, how password work, how to be able gain access to password). Pretty much you didn't tell people anything.

So? do we owe you anything? Can you blame someone who puts a lock on his door? Must this same someone must explain himself? And who are you to judge who overreact and who doesnt? I understand that you feel an urge to defend yourself after posting such an idiotic comment on the shoutbox, but really, this is getting obsurd, the best thing you could do now is simply to swollow your pride and say nothing. The worst thing you could do is to reply here this way. Another proof of lack of adulthood. And I am afraid that you are not the only example.

Quote:Yes, server is your and you can do whatever you want with it but with this attitude you will never get new players. You, CiA guys, propobaly somehow figured out that new players = bad players because of one or two persons.  Such a way of approach is completly wrong in my opinion.

You are welcome to have your opinion, but be surprised to know that many new players have joined over the years when the password was off and we had no troubles. Actually, all the current active members have been guests before. We never had such a policy as you are suggesting, not even now, and as an evidence- some of the new players DID receive the password. Those that didn't get it must have done one or some of the things I mentioned in my post. If you will be honest with yourself I bet you will find one of your deeds there as well.

Look everybody, this is an adult players club. It can be understandable that some will simply will not fit to the CiA spirit. We are sorry if some feel that they were ok and still was prevented from access to coop nights, but we don't feel that we need to explain ourselves to anyone. This is not a democracy, and it's not about being fair or not.

If you guys want to stay here, and play on the server, simply stay cool, don't mess around, don't spam (not ingame of course, but especially not the forums) and try to act mature. If you think you are just ok and still feel that you are being mistreated maybe a different place is prefereable for you.
I sent you PM.

Chris Johnson

You are half right and half wrong Variable

You are right that players who don't act mature or don't follow the rules should not get the password

But still you are wrong because you were a new player once and then they offered you a membership in CiA so now you feel like you are in the loop but that's OK, I guess you (CiA members) are the ones who make the rules and control the server, but my point is what if when you were a new player they put a password and you know that you are a good player but still you don't get the password, what would you do then?I am saying this because there are many players who weren't given the password (I won't say any names) but still deserve it because they act maturely and follow all the rules.My opinion is that some of the players didn't get the password because of personal dispute or hate by a CiA member towards a guest.
(06-10-2009, 10:19 PM)Chris Johnson link Wrote: [ -> ]You are half right and half wrong Variable

You are right that players who don't act mature or don't follow the rules should not get the password

But still you are wrong because you were a new player once and then they offered you a membership in CiA so now you feel like you are in the loop but that's OK, I guess you (CiA members) are the ones who make the rules and control the server, but my point is what if when you were a new player they put a password and you know that you are a good player but still you don't get the password, what would you do then?I am saying this because there are many players who weren't given the password (I won't say any names) but still deserve it because they act maturely and follow all the rules.My opinion is that some of the players didn't get the password because of personal dispute or hate by a CiA member towards a guest.

Well, in the past an interested player have simply wrote a pm to any CiA member and he supplied the password. That's how I got here. For obvious reasons, this policy is not possible right now. However, once I started playing here, I respected the rules, I didn't spam the map, I didn't spam TS, I didn't spam the text channel with irrelevant nonsense, I responded to orders, I didn't childishly argue with different players etc. That's how me and others have earned our memberships.

The road to get the password is not blocked for new players. it's just blocked to those who had the chance as guests and blew it. He who would like to play with us will know the way. Since the password was restored, more than one new players arrived and got it.

Quote:I am saying this because there are many players who weren't given the password (I won't say any names) but still deserve it because they act maturely and follow all the rules.

With all due respect Chris, from the little I've seen and (mostly) heard about you, you won't recognize what we consider as a good player even if it will slam you right in the nose. You don't know what acting maturely really mean and you just prove it by saying that some didn't get the password over personal dispute or hate by CiA members- which is absolutely a childish way of observing this situation. What kind of personal dispute can we have with you or any other guest?

Just let us be guys, seriously. This discussion has exhausted itself to a point it where it doesn't make any sense arguing any longer.
true. i have broke sometimes the rules and i can live with it cuz i know i was wrong. now i will try to play better without being kidding.