Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Help with the cia addons pack please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all!

So I tried to follow the guides to installing the addon pack, I created shortcut of FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE and added the -nomap -mod whatever it was (copied and pasted), and it started just like normal WGL5.12 would start, so I thought ok good now i'll try to log back into the CiA WGL server, but after trying to log in, it still says that i'm missing an addon DVD_V2_ADDON or something like that.

Can anyone help me please?  I really would like to play in that server, had a blast for the missions that I could run.

P.S.:  Is it possible I installed the WGL island pack v1.0 wrong?  It came with a ton of folders, an example of one folder would be 73eastings_anims, and there was no installation guide, so I just put all those folders in my WGL-addons folder, probably did something wrong there.  All the islands seem to work ok in the editor though, as I put all the island .pbo's in my WGL-addons folder.  My Operation Flashpoint-addons and Res-addons dont have any of my addons in them, is that bad?  I put all my addons into WGLaddons folder because it's the mod I play mostly.

P.P.S.:  Also, when I tried to "initialize net" server, I didn't have any missions in any map besides the 5 BIS maps and like 1 on nogojev, have I missed something?

Thanks for any help!

Chris Johnson

OK Anatolii look,I don't know much 'bout the shortcuts but I use ofpwatch http://www.binarybone.com/ofpwatch.zip

1.Download it and install it
2.After you do that open it and up you will see "Add".Click on it and at the "Address [optional port] add the following IP 85.10.201.22:2302 then click OK
3.Open "Edit"and add the mods
-if we play with WGL add @ciawgl and @wgl on the right side
-and if we play FDF & Bas put @FDF and @BAS on the right side
4.Click "Play Now" and you are ingame
Thanks alot Chris, just got OFPWatch, works good!

But how do I create the @ciawgl mod? 

All I did was create new folder in ofp main directory and named it @ciawgl, and put my FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE in it with the target "D:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@wgl5;@ciawgl

Then I added the @wgl and @ciawgl mods to my list in OFPWatch for the CiA WGL Server

Is that how it's done?
http://www.ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=1713.0

Just unpack the @ciawgl/ folder into ofp/ folder. So you have:
D:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@ciawgl\addons\

Make sure you don't have:
D:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\@ciawgl\@ciawgl\addons\

Activating the mod folders is done like you have -mod=@wgl5;@ciawgl or by using OFPWatch to select the folders.

Chris Johnson

Simply extract this http://www.ciahome.net/users/web7_down/@ciawgl.7z @ciawgl mod to the OFP directory and BINGO the mod is on the left side in the edit option (in ofpwatch) so when we play with the WGL mod you just place both @ciawgl and @wgl to the right side
Oh, I appreciate all the help guys thanks again!  Sorry for all the problems  Sad

Think I see something that I did horribly horribly wrong:

I went to the CiA Needed Addons page and downloaded the CiA WGL Addons

When I opened flash drive (dl'd on another computer)  all that it was was a file called @ciawgl.7z, it wasn't like a RAR archive I could extract to OFP or anything.

So that must be why it didn't work because I couldn't extract it to my main OFP directory.

So I guess I must find a link that allows me to download it as a RAR archive?

Again thanks for all the help!
From instructions at 'Needed addons':

Quote:You will need 7-Zip to open it. Detailed installation guide.

Download link:
http://www.7-zip.org/

Just get that program and extract with it. 7zip is very usefull. On main site of 7zip to which link I gave you too (or rather copied from 'Needed addons') it's written why it's usefull Wink

FE with it you will be able to:

Quote:Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.
(06-20-2009, 07:22 PM)Anatolii link Wrote: [ -> ]So I guess I must find a link that allows me to download it as a RAR archive?
Winrar can also unpack 7zip files btw
Ah excellent, that should do it, thanks!

I'll just download that 7-zip program from the link and hopefully extract it to OFP main directory and be good to go!

Thanks again everyone!  Looking forward to oodles of WGL fun  8)

EDIT:  Wow that 7-zip program is genious, I think it works now, I will have to play on the CiA WGL server to be 100% sure, thanks again everyone!
Winrar is better than that 7 tool but its your choise
Not only does 7-zip have a better and faster compression algorithm than WinRAR but it's also completely free.
It's very nice yes

Your WGL server is up, too bad it's passworded ='(