Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Server requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to open this tread Smile

Anyone have a clue what spec's needed for ArmA2 server? Same as for playing it, or can (Linux when released) run on "lower" specs?
Haven't read anything about linux till now. Now confirmation of linux server or any date or requirements.

What's the requirement of the windows server? Maybe the same for linux.

I calso cannot remember if the ofp server runs better on linux or windows with same hardware. But I think linux will be better, cause not so much crap running in the background.
I bet a proper setup linux will run ArmA2 server better than windows, haven't heard about a linux box needing almost 1GB RAM just to run idle yet. I think BIS almost have confirmed a linux server too, but I understand if they wanna bring some cash to the company before releasing it.
And I need some time to adapt to ArmA2 as well so I can wait Tongue

Make

Linux Dedicated version has been already released (beta)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:...rver#Linux

That's Armed Assault, not Arma 2.

I don't know how Windows servers work but on Linux it's really beneficial to have a couple of gigs extra memory for read caching. I think the recommended client specs minus gfx card would be good for larger stuff like the CTI type missions. The better the better of course.

Make

Strange, i found that link in Arma2 websites under Windows Dedicated Server for Arma2.
the link is there for the setup instructions and so on. They are the same for the windows ArmA2 server.
I can't wait for the CiA server to be up so we can play some nice coop with decent people. It's my first day of vacation. Now I'll relax and play for five and an half weeks  ;D
(07-01-2009, 02:54 PM)Llauma link Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait for the CiA server to be up so we can play some nice coop with decent people. It's my first day of vacation. Now I'll relax and play for five and an half weeks  ;D

I ... you. No vacation till september planned :-(
Hi folks!

Just got Arma 2 and I'm back in business. I'm waiting eagerly for decent coop gaming so I hope you get the arma 2 server up and running asap! Smile

All coop missions I've encountered so far have been with a respawn ability, personally I definately prefer the old ofp style. I reckon you guys prefer it that way too, yes? I got some mission editing skills from the ofp days so I could try doing some non-respawn mission if needed.