Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma2 vs OFP Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Make

I just decided to start poll and ask people which one they like better, or do they love both.

Chris Johnson

Dunno why but I just don't like ArmA 2, I prefer OFP, it's more like Old School 8)
It's too early to tell wich is better. ArmA 2 looks promising, but needs patching. Of course, it is not as groundbreaking as OFP was.
(07-02-2009, 04:47 PM)Chris Johnson link Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno why but I just don't like ArmA, I prefer OFP, it's more like Old School 8)

Please, try read heading, this isn't about ArmA but about Arma2

BTT: just started playing, found some bugs but I still struggle with controls, who said OFP is awful Smile
On the bright side, ArmA2 is awesome and it actually runs better for me than OFP, have no clue why. In short you can't compare it with OFP, you need to compare it with at least WGL (not FFUR or SLX cause they ain't made for MP). GFX and sounds clearly shows 10 years development Smile

Make

Quote:it actually runs better for me than OFP

That is true. I can run Arma2 with everthing on Very High but i cant run OFP with everthing very high, so i need to stick with playing on normal.

Chris Johnson

(07-02-2009, 09:35 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Please, try read heading, this isn't about ArmA but about Arma2
Sorry I misspelled, I meant ArmA 2, well I fixed it now
You know what....I vote for OFP. It's something like first sex, you know  ;D I like Arma2 for now, but still not enough to say that I'm impressed.  Wink

Now that's a bit weird. I have no troubles with playing Flashpoint on highest settings + custom models and stuff while I have big problems with playing ArmA 2 (demo) fluently with lowest settings Sad
It can be that full version is better optimized than demo. Keeping that in mind I don't vote at any thought what I saw in demo I would pick OFP for 'good old times' reason Smile
From my point of view, ArmA2 today is still not finished beta-test game... it's also quite boring... but  i don't say that this thing won't change with ArmA2 in future... so for today i will stay with OFP as the best simulator of real fight and... with WIC too  Big Grin as the best RTS ever !  Big Grin
Cheers! ;D
Got bored on OFP because of the release of ARMA2, but it's practically unplayable so I have to wait for patches. So I play neither for now.