Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Soviet and muj footage 1980's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting clip with footage on Soviets and Muj in Afghanistan in the 80's:
Yep, seen this before (featuring the "optimistic anti air weapon"). Search for "The bear went over the mountain" on Google Books, it is a collection of different tactical vignettes during the Afghan war in the 80ies. Some of them are good inspirations for Ofp missions (especially with WGL of course).
If you are interested in the Afghan war, try the Russian movie "The 9th Company". Some nice footage of Soviet hardware too.
(07-02-2009, 03:06 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]If you are interested in the Afghan war, try the Russian movie "The 9th Company". Some nice footage of Soviet hardware too.

I'll try to get it but will need english subtitles because I guess it's in Russian...
(07-02-2009, 02:46 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, seen this before (featuring the "optimistic anti air weapon"). Search for "The bear went over the mountain" on Google Books, it is a collection of different tactical vignettes during the Afghan war in the 80ies. Some of them are good inspirations for Ofp missions (especially with WGL of course).

That's why I want to convert those mujahadeen and 1980's Soviet Afghanistan troops to WGL Wink
(07-02-2009, 03:29 PM)Pulverizer link Wrote: [ -> ]And The Beast of War ;D

And Rambo III..... Big Grin
For me the best movie about russian intervention in Afghanistan is Afganskij izlom/Afghan Breakdown  Big Grin

u can find it in many parts on youtube even  Wink