Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Ventrilo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Have anyone tryed
Ventrilo - Surround Sound Voice Communication Software

They keep always saying that quality is even better than TS and its more lighter.

Main site: http://www.ventrilo.com/index.php
I've used Ventrilo a lot, though it's been a little while since my last extensive use of it. My recollection is that its sound quality is a bit better than TS.
I have it, but never used it. Ventrilio seems not to be widely used, but as you guys both said, people say it is better than TS.
Personally I have used Vent too little to judge it fairly but I don't think it would give any real advantage compared to TS. If you want a really fresh alternative check out Mumble with it's Positional Audio, that's something
Mumble works great and it's free software (unlike vent and ts2). The built-in overlay is especially useful when you play with people you don't know or with a lot of people on many channels. Setting up the voice activation can be a bit wonky though, I can't use it at all due too low signal-to-noise ratio.
(08-11-2009, 05:20 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it would give any real advantage compared to TS. If you want a really fresh alternative check out Mumble with it's Positional Audio, that's something

I fully agree.
LDD Kyllikki uses mumble and i had to install it of course,
but it was kinda hard to use and i didnt like it.