Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: How do I: "Three! target Missile Soldier!" by using the mouse??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In OFP You could assign targets to your team mates by selecting a unit and right clicking on the target. This method doesn't seem to work in ARMA 2. Does anyone know how can you do that in any other way than using the "2" list?
Space, hold cursor over target, press [F3] and right-click?
(10-04-2009, 10:18 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Space, hold cursor over target, press [F3] and right-click?
Right clicking doesn't seem to work... but I have changed the default keys so just to make sure, by right clicking you mean "hold breath" (zoom in)?
Sorry, my bad. Was to quick in my answer.

First of all, it's left-click but I guess you found out that Smile

But I guess what you really wanna know is if you can assign targets, just not attack them? So you can prepare e.g. an ambush?
Seems like they forgot that in ArmA2, have you tried stop -> hold fire -> target ..... for AI's and then let AI's open fire when you are ready?

The Target command (also called attack in AA2) is simply Space -> [F]-key to select AI -> left-click on target
Quote:have you tried stop -> hold fire -> target ..... for AI's and then let AI's open fire when you are ready?
That was my question. I know how to tell them to Target enemies via the "no. 2 key sub command menue" (select the unit > press 2 > choose the target from a big list with object and animals as well), but I don't know how to do that via the mouse! Is that even possible in ArmA 2?

(I know I can order them to "Attack" enemies while they are on "Hold Fire" but that doesn't really serve the purpose since they are breaking off from formation and usually approach the enemy while trying to get a better position to fire from.)
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75852

Seems like Kyllikki are still on the horse! We will have enough co-op missions to to choose from. Lobanak, any word from BIS on that Linux server?
And by the way, will the server be able to run the game in its current specs?
As no linux server is out and the last statement is from 18.03.2009
Quote:Dedicated Linux server, we know this is something the community of course is eagerly waiting for, we continue progress on this but cannot at this point give any time-scale for the release, unfortunately it's not quite as simple as some might think to release a Linux version of our dedicated server but rest assured we're making progress.
I don't know if the hardware is good enough. We will see.
Found the answer!
It's indeed the "Reveal" function, just like in OFP and ArmA. However, the default controls have it on "Hold Sec. Mouse Buttom", so it doesn't work. Change it to simply "Sec. Mouse button" and it will work like a charm.

By the way, just found out that I accidently hijacked this thread. But thanks for the info Lobanak...