Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Planning to buy a new computor, needs help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-02-2009, 11:13 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it was worth the effort to carry it up all those stairs  ;D
What setup did you go for then?

Grip, the least you can do is answer a question from those who have helped you. Got what you need and now you don't bother to reply?
oh sorry, simply haddet the time at first(out of town) andthen trying to get everyting installed. So a forgot it. But here it is.

Antec Twelve Hundred Big Tower
Chiftec Super Series 650w PSU
MSI P55-CD53
Intel Core i5(750)
Kingstone ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB CL9
Gainward GeForce GTX 260 896mb PhysX
Western Digital Caviar GreenPower 1TB
Sony Nec optiarc DVD+RW burner AD-7240S

and
Samsung 23" LCD syncmaster 2333SW

And some logitech stuff

Grip, can you tell me how's i5-750 performing in Arma 2. I'm about to buy it and say goodbye to my c2d e8400, but I'm having second thoughts. Only in big cities fps drop to low 20s, otherwise it can run Arma 2 fine.
@Misha
I lay between 24-39 fps in the towns(mostly betwen 27 and 33) But it can some times drop drasticly on the country side to wite out any obvious reson.

Thanx for the info Grip!

24 to 39 fps in cities would be definitive improvement for me. I get good frame-rates in countryside on my current configuration. I don't know what is the "white out" that you're refereing to, but it reminds me of bug in Arma 2 that I have seen earlier, I think it was GPU driver related.
(01-30-2010, 08:33 PM)Grip link Wrote: [ -> ]@Misha
I lay between 24-39 fps in the towns(mostly betwen 27 and 33) But it can some times drop drasticly on the country side to wite out any obvious reson.
Probably the vegitation Grip, it's a nightmare. Try take a chopper and fly low over forrest on Chernarus Smile
Pages: 1 2