Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Well hi...(RKDmitriyev)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, about a week ago Overlord and I exchanged a messages and he gave me the password. Just saying hi to you all. I've realized that my computer may not be able to handle OFP with the mods over the internet, but I'll give it a try, perhaps at WGL co-op tomorrow. So I'm just dropping a note by to say that I didn't forget. So Hi everyone! Tongue
Hi RK, join tonight if you want, I'll be there soon
Hello!
I hate to risk asking a stupid question, but 20:00 CET is 14:00 EST, right? I ask because it's 2:00 PM EST, on Wednesday, and no one's on TeamSpeak or the server.
Yeah, Kurtz, you're right on the time. Sometimes, as you saw, folks show up a little later. I'd say just fire up TS, get a game going for yourself, and start playing. Many of us have OFPWatch running, keeping an eye on the server and seeing if anyone shows up.
Great playing today, by the way!
Thank you, it means a lot. I did my best. Was the mission supposed to end like that? It seemed like we got to the base camp, and just sort of stood around for a minute till someone made the game end. Oh well, it was a victory in spirit either way.

On a completely different subject, I'm trying to see if I can reduce my ping. I noticed I had the highest, usually around 180 MS or so. Unfortunately, based on comments from my more computer-savvy brother and people on the internet, there doesn't seem to be much to do. It may be related to the distance between myself and the server (where is it located? Finland?) and the generally backward, small town that I live in.

Does high ping matter? There were a few times when you guys seemed to be "skipping" about 5 meters or so every few seconds, but I could live with it. Most of the time there was little lag. I've heard that on some games, high ping makes it hard to hit you, but I'd be bummed about playing with such a cheap advantage.
We did finish it - I took a picture of the "Mission Completed" message. For some reason, it hung up at that point, but all that would have come next was the mission choice screen for the admin.
Your ping looked fine to me. There are some who operate perfectly well with more than twice the ping you were showing. Keep playing and see whether or not the skipping and yellow square happen every time you play.
In OFP ping matters too (the most on  ctf/c&h, all  PvP  maps),

but more important is bandwidth - when your bandwidth is too low you will start to have desync and normal playing will be not possible anymore for you at all... and ppl on server will notice many lags also.

For me as OFP player it's beter to have bigger ping and high bandwidth then low ping and low bandwidth too  :Smile
Best way to ensure best possible gameplay is to turn off other I-net apps when playing, specially chat/VoIP/ file sharing programs. Please DO NOT upload stuff when playing. Ping around 200-250 is normally not a problem here, Marto even tries with 1200-1500 Tongue
If you have "too" high ping please stay out of vehicles/ choppers/ planse as driver/ pilot as this seems to lag all players. The server is located in Germany btw.