Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Lessons learned from the use of tanks in ROTO 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As announced yesterday on the server here is the report about the use of Canadian Leopard 1 and 2 tanks with infantry in Afghanistan: LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE USE OF TANKS IN ROTO 4

Originally found in the Battlefront.com Combat Mission Shock Force Forum
Interesting read thanks Zwobot
Have you bought the Marine & British Forces bundel yet Zwo?
Yes I have the modules.
Did AI learn to fight back in British Forces / 1.20?
What do you mean "fight back"? If you by that refer to scenarios normally resulting in heavy Red casualties then the answer is no. But that's just part of the game when modern professional armies with redundant communications and decentralised support assets fight a Syrian army relying heavily on reservists and mostly outdated equipment with centralised fire supports. It's all abot the scenario designer and how he lays out the casualty and condition objectives and the AI plans.

Usually I play PBEM so I only have to cope witht the TacAI anyway which is pretty good as it is in my opinion.
I mean that when you take some position from AI - it will never try to take it back - at least in a vanilla game with 1.11 - it's like all missions are about the enemy being always on a run from you. And I don't talk only about reds - it is actual for both sides.