Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Debrifing MOUT, clearing of Asgard 8/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the big debrifing thread,
please report anything you found god, bad or oK.
Anything we could have done different?
What did go wrong?
What did go right?
and so one, all information is god information fore future missions
Here are the things that directly comes to my mind.

Spare slots is neaded on missions(hove many dropt in when the mission already had started?)

Communications, atleast fore me it took some time to get started using the Bravo, Charlie & Delta. A need to practise on that.
Some times we get dissturbens on the channels, so nothing is heard. and some times a press CC when a going to speak to my own squad :-[

Command and Control, whent pretty well during the mission (atleast fore me), whould like to have some feadback from the Team Leaders on this.

The Plan, well it worked god, toke some casultys after crossing the bridge(a should have pulled Delta more to the East).
We had one Tango in our rear(he was standing 1-5m behind one of us(Zulu1 got KIA)
Charlie took one KIA becuse of Frendly fire(my misstake againe, shold have directed my own team better)
Sector Yellow,Red and Green whent well(No casulties)
The last sector(Black) the town center was cleard out quite fast, but that wall buger got me, Hawke and BormaN.

Thats all fore the moment.
In my opinion the mission progress was very slow and it started to get boring at some point. We need to be faster, even at the cost of casualties.
(11-09-2009, 01:35 AM)Variable link Wrote:In my opinion the mission progress was very slow and it started to get boring at some point. We need to be faster, even at the cost of casualties.

I kinda feel this way. Although simply moving faster is an option, I would suggest playing missions where you *can't* go too slow, perhaps because enemy re-inforcements will arrive or hostages will be killed, etc.

On a closely related note, perhaps we could find missions where the enemy will mount better counter-attacks. For I believe that the reason that things started to drag about halfway through was that the enemy was just sort of hanging out in scattered squads, waiting for us to sneak up on them and put bullets in them. I think that this is way too common in OFP, and it's a little irritating. If they had reacted more by regrouping and staging more serious counter-attacks through the whole mission, then I think it would have been more exciting.

The end was a tad anti-climactic. To be totally frank, it seems that our unit cohesion just sort of evaporated shortly after we cleared the central building. This is at least understandable, of course, because, again, the mission seemed to drag and some players just wanted to quit.

But I should stress that overall, I enjoyed the mission because I liked the experience of having so many players on the field working together. I'm also satisfied with how many enemies I got to kill, and that doesn't always happen. ;D And maybe I'll write you guys another novel. Smile
My only feedback for now regards communications between the fireteams and command team:
Although there only were 4 players on the command net in TS there were some occasions in which the chatter was quite confusing because we were talking at the same time. Additionaly it did happen that team internal TS chat interfered with my talking on the command net. Therefor I suggest to use the command channel in TS a bit more like an actual radio instead of simply babbling away:

Prior to talking on the command net OR when being called by another unit on the command net:
- Inform your teammates in the same channel that you are about to talk on the command net so they won't talk at the same time and disturb you

Calling a unit on the command net:
- start with the callsign of the unit you want to call then state your own callsign and wait for a response (so the called unit can inform their teammates in the channel to be quiet)

After a conversation on the command net:
- Inform your teammates in the same channel that you finished talking as channel commander

This way the communications will be more effective and also more immersive.

I'd like to plan another mission for next Sunday. I was thinking of the mission with the BMPs on Nogova. Can't remember it's name right now but it would fit well and requires more all around awareness because of smart enemy counter attacks.
u can play faster and die faster of course.............
moving slowly helps keeping us alive, especially medics............
who needs a dead medic?
and who needs  an alive medic?...ALL OF US.i can't count the number of players that i have seen running to hawke (the med in my squad) and getting theyr ass healed.........and theyr life saved...(me also once).
if that town would have been smaller, then the game would have been superb and u wouldn't have been bored.
i agree the game went slow at a point, but there was a lot of intense fight from the biginning till the point where we engaged inf on the main road....and that is where we lost most of our buddyes, and we got lotsa injured players.
of course from a high point things can only descend, and that is what happened, the game became kinda repetitive and slow (of course once u have killed most of the enemies, then the fights decrease).
as i said before, in my opinion the town was a bit too big to clear, and maybe the enemy was "kinda" dumb compared to standard wgl ais.......but i am sure there is a technical reason for that(which i ignore), and i agree with the fact that maybe  two urals and a brdm as reinforcements could have spiced up the game, but this is something related to the mission itself and who made it)

anyway, 16 players on 4 diff squads led by an HQ squad leader moving as a team, respecting orders,going for theyr objective tactically.........that is enough for me to call it a great coop night.
grip did a great job (think about leading your squad plus another 3 team leaders in a close fight environment......... in a foreing language)
again i say, i did get bored too at a certain point......but it was worth the experience

of course this was a first attempt and with a few fixes it can only get better.

but, i think that with such a realistic approach, the SLOW feeling will  always be there...
especially in wgl where ais usually fight for theyr lives......not like FDF, where ais fight for your debriefing.
But i have nothing against this slow thing, coz it's part of the game, if u play true coop, and u like it of course.

HUGS to all anf thanx again to grip for his effort.

(11-09-2009, 11:17 AM)Zwobot link Wrote:Additionaly it did happen that team internal TS chat interfered with my talking on the command net.

Uh...heh heh...sorry! :-\

Quote:i agree the game went slow at a point, but there was a lot of intense fight from the biginning till the point where we engaged inf on the main road....and that is where we lost most of our buddyes, and we got lotsa injured players.

This is true, and that was the most interesting part of the mission.
(11-09-2009, 02:21 PM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote:[quote author=Zwobot link=topic=1966.msg10337#msg10337 date=1257758239]
Additionaly it did happen that team internal TS chat interfered with my talking on the command net.

Uh...heh heh...sorry! :-\
[/quote]
Don't worry, it was not your fault  Smile
I said in the briefing I would notify my team before talking in the channel commander but did not always hold on to it.

And yeah, Kudos to Grip who did a good job in keeping the overall cohesion of the teams. Grip, and all the other teamleaders would have had a much harder job without the group tracking system enabled though.

I agree with others who said that the mission became repetetive and maybe a bit boring but I don't think we should have advanced much quicker.
First of all it toke 2h to play, so a guess the slow comment is right.
But fore me it didn’t notice the time before the assault on the central part of the town.

Could we have done it faster, yes possibly but then we should have had more casualties than the 6 killed(I don’t count those the wall bugger got)
A think we most of the time went at 95%, but say we could cut 20-30min of playing.

Quote:in my opinion the town was a bit too big to clear
a agree wit that Gum.

Comms was/and is a trouble spot especially in MOUT, a working Mumbel should probably work better.

Quote:Prior to talking on the command net OR when being called by another unit on the command net:
- Inform your teammates in the same channel that you are about to talk on the command net so they won't talk at the same time and disturb you
A think you are right on this Zwobot,

About Group tracking, I think its really use full and save maybe 15min of playing time in having it(this game). Should we have it then? Depends on the scenario is my vote.

Being command on this mission wasn’t to hard(it was quite obvious what we should do), and most of the time i spend commanding i was trying to slow down the Teams(so they could support etch other)

You are free to plan the next one Zwobot(if you want any help just give me a shout)
I can simply agree in most with gum’s post. He wrote many about good things so i won't repeat and i'll give my opinion in one special case.

Yes, that was great game at all,
quite good cooperation between squads – it gave me (and others ppl) good personal feeling that i took part in bigger action as only small (but still important) element of it...

Area of mission was urban so i didn't see others squads by most of time mission but they were still close.
That why I must have to belived that not only my own leader knew what's he doing with  his squad... but i also must fully trust that others leaders making this thing good and complete correct with HQ orders, and theirs soldiers follow commander...
This trust that others are making their job good should be build in first position at all – even before saving lifes or finishing objects in mission.

From this point of view TK (which accidentaly has happend in that mission) is highly bad thing cause it ruins this kind of TRUST between everybody in mission ...

Without this destroyed trust soldiers start to have doubts and  think that others from diffrent squads are just amateurs, or newbies, or they don’t follow orders... or even that HQ makes mistakes by giving bad commands or has no recon about currently situation on battlefield..

I think that with this large comunnication between groups we must do anything to avoid any TK next time with any costs, no metter for time or fun or get bored by somone...
It should be first priority before evreything else...
i personally,really and still can’t belive how this team kill could have even happend??!! cause one of rules says:  Don’t shoot if u haven’t got 100% sure and can’t recognize target... –  so according to this rule smth has gone really wrong in that time and place...

But still... it was great game Wink and one of best which i played on CiA serverWink