Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Debriefing 11-15-2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mission Debriefing "Bloody Victory", 11-15-2009

Here you can post any feedback for the "Bloody Victory" mission.
What went good? What do you think could have been better?

From my point of view the mission was very entertaining although it was bumpy for me in the beginning because my orders must have been rather vague and confusing but as the situation developed I got a better feeling and could direct the squads better to support each other. There was a phase between the second and third objective in which Bravo and Alpha were operating relatively far from each other until I finally realised that Bravo was in a different position than the reports implied.
I'm afraid there were phases in which I neglected to direct the BMPs to effectively support the infantry. Most of the time I didn't know whether to let the squad leaders utilise the BMPs at their discretion or if I shouls order them around myself.

All in all the mission was very entertaining and fun to play and I was lucky to have good squad leaders and BMP commanders who showed initiative and employed their squadmembers very effectively. The mission would have played out worse if everybody wouldn't had done such a good job!
Big Kudos to Viking who did a great job leading Bravo squad under difficult circumstances after the unfortunate loss of Grip.

I'm ending this post with the only screenshot I took during the mission (Borman's BMP in a firing position overwatching the second objective):
[Image: 6b3e4f56203864.gif]
My number one question/comment is: Did you guys win? Tongue

As described in the other thread, I'm afraid my computer crashed. I now suspect that it ran out of virtual memory...tsk tsk, time to clean up my puny hard drive, I guess.

But anyway, it was a generally good experience. I don't know if you picked this up from the chatter, but Grip's squad (which I was in) wiped out an enemy squad that had gotten up to about 100m away because we assumed they were friendly.

After Grip was killed there was a little confusion, which was frustrating. I think we either need to find a way to make sure that AIs will never take command, or else never include them, even if it means that regular infantry have to drive vehicles.

I'm also finally installing that WGL compass now. I got tired of being the only one who can't read bearings. Big Grin
First of all todays lesson. If you are a infantery dont go head one wite a t-55. I ended up 1-2km away at the lake side.

Yes commes was as last time some what comfusing and takes some time to sort out.

Another problem is when fighting in a line its quite hard translate some contact repports. And basicly every one neads to react to what they see and fast. This was the case in the forest. The contact repports after the camp was cleared out was all over the place. Had contacts in the camp and north of it. It ended up to be a squad north of the camp close to the NW edge of the forest. Which when it was possitivly confermed was quite fast eliminated.

Then that T-55. A dident see it my self first, just got the contact repport from one of the Bmp Ais. I repported the contact upp to command and told my squad of it. And when scaning after the armor my self to get a compas angel a spoted a enemy inf 100m away crawling closer. So a frenaticlly screamed out contact close NW(think a screamd on Channel command to just to be sure) Then i opened up and the first enemy died. Then DESYNC, a got the thought of it and repported it to command(dont know if it was recived) and Gum got the same conclusion and said it on squad channel. And locking up a sow a head poping up over the hill and fired on it. Even told Hawke to engage it(as he was just left of me at this point) Then the T-55 comes slaming over the ridgeline and all hell brakes lose. A dont know if it was the T-55 driving over me or a AT round/missile slaming in to it that killed me, But ded a was and flying of to the West hitting evry rock tree and patch of grass in my way. Haddent like to be the one responsibel of pick up my body.

Finnely the problem wite the Bravo team CoC. Dont really know what happend there, but as no one recived the command bar and no one stept up, a asked Zwobot if a shuld just name a replacment, and as he agreed i asked Viking to take command, and he did. (probebly the best desicion of the night fore me).

After that a whent away to do a importent phone call and when a got back the third objektiv was almost complited.
Great, fun game! Things were a little confusing for me in the beginning: I'm always a little wary of using/being transported in armor - it gets confusing for me inside a transport. I didn't have any problem with Zwobot taking over (I'll get the hang of that aspect of the game, eventually). Once on the ground, things became pretty clear, quickly, and the guys in my squad were following orders perfectly, as far as I can remember. Zwobot's orders were very clear and we were able to keep our place on the map. Aside from missing the guy who nailed BormaN and dealing with 1 AI on our squad, I can't think of how things could have gone better with what we were tasked to do. Hat tip to Misha, Ninja, Osku, Pizzahaleem, Borman, and another player whose name has escaped me (iirc - let me know if I have the lineup wrong)! Comm and movement discipline was excellent.
1st I would like to thank the members of Bravo sqd who after the unfortunate death of our sqd leader performed exceptionaly and made me look good. Here are my observations on todays mission.
1. Zwobot did a great job coordinating the teams even given the fog of war aspects of a fluid situation.
2.I think that given the scale of our action it is probably most effective if the overall commander remain in a location where he can observe the movement of all the teams in the field, this also helps when he is giving movement orders to sqd leaders as he can use landmarks that both he and they can see which can reduce the confusion which sometimes comes from relying solely on the map.
3. I agree zwobot with the idea of the overall commander keeping control over the BMPs, this allows him to have a reserve he can use to influence the battle when needed and takes part of the burden away from the sqd leaders when they are engaged, they can be released to the sqd leaders in criticle situations if needed, or even kept together by the commander to concentrate fire  on difficult objectives.
4 the Ai was a problem for coc, and it made it much more difficult.     
5.overall this was a very enjoyable experience I realy enjoy the team work aspect of it and the feel of realism, which this kind of coordinated effort  brings to the game.
Sorry for the complications with AI and succession of command inside the groups. You can blame me for that because I rearranged the crews to be in the infantry groups instead of in a seperate group quick and dirty style. Apperantly the crews were higher in rank than the infantry which caused the hassle.
I take it we won, then? ;D
Yes, we won the mission and only had two casualties: Grip and Borman (including his BMP). Both during heavy desync phases.
apoligies for being a no-show for the coop game last night, had some things come up at the last minute, see you on the battlefield next time round
sorry too for this  :-*

i had some important work to be done  :-X
So are we going to do another one? I'm afraid I couldn't commit to signing up for it this time.  Sad
I'm preparing a new one for next week (29th of November). The announcement with briefing and roster are almost done but the mission still requires some work.