Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Crashing problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-28-2009, 03:23 PM)mikka link Wrote: [ -> ]Have u ever overclocked your Video card? or seen some strange sighns, textures in your games?

Never overclocked, and I can't remember seeing any artefacts.

I'm going to try playing other games that are hard on the GPU. I actually happen to have World in Conflict, also Half Life (as well as Ep1&Ep2).
Wait a minute, actually I DO sometimes see artifacts in OFP. I've just gotten so used to it that I forgot. The textures sort of flicker occasionally. Big Grin

Well, gee, it's really starting to look like something might just be wrong with the graphics card.  Wink

I suggest you to try some temperature monitoring software like Speedtest to check GPu temperature. Play something and use alt-tab to see check temp. from time to time.
I was already using NVidia's temperature monitor.

But now that you mention it, the only temperature meter it has says "nForc," and it rarely goes over 55*C, which is pretty good in itself if I'm not mistaken. NForc is a motherboard chipset created by Nvidia with integrated GPU, so I would think that this would be the temperature of both GPU and motherboard. But is it possible that my GPU is actually getting much hotter?
Yeah, actually, it could - what's your motherboard? We could maybe find a photo of it online and give some more guesses. The GPU (and/or chipset) chip might need a heat sink glued to it, maybe it already has one that needs to be reattached, maybe you only need to direct that second fan on it (if possible), etc. . . Do the artifacts show up immediately or later, after some play? Do they show up in other games?
(11-29-2009, 06:02 PM)Anguis Viridis link Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, actually, it could - what's your motherboard?

It's an "ASUS M2NPV-VM AM2 Nvidia 6150 DDR2-800 Nvidia Geforce 6150 IGP mATX Motherboard." See http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FVP...oh_product

(11-29-2009, 06:02 PM)Anguis Viridis link Wrote: [ -> ]Do the artifacts show up immediately or later, after some play? Do they show up in other games?

I believe they show up immediately. As for other games, I haven't been playing others very much. I'm going to re-install a few to see.
Pages: 1 2