Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: centering the map for briefing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay...I've never finished making an OFP mission before. I'm almost done, but I hit a snag. How do you make the map center on a certain location when the briefing loads? This is used in almost every mission I've ever seen, so that people don't have to scroll through to see where they're starting. So, for example, in "Steal the Car," the map is centered near La Trinite when the mission loads.

I can't figure out how to do that.  :o Big Grin :-[ Tongue :Smile

Could someone point me in the right direction?

EDIT: I never finished EDITING an OFP mission, that is.  Big Grin
I think the map is centered on where the very first playable unit is placed. To erase any doubts about the starting location place a marker in the editor and name it start. Then in the briefing do:
Code:
Your starting position is <a href="marker:start">here</a>
or something similar. The markerConfusedtart bit tells the briefing to center on the position of the marker named start when the link is cklicked.
Quote:I think the map is centered on where the very first playable unit is placed.

Not on my computer, it isn't. Sad

The second suggestion is good, though. I had forgotten to do that. Big Grin
Your second solution is right Zwobot, remember maps in mission with different groups/units with own objectives?
(12-07-2009, 08:26 PM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I think the map is centered on where the very first playable unit is placed.

Or maybe it is? It seems that it is in the mission editor, but not in the actual mission, or something. Bah, I just included a briefing link and then submitted that mission for beta testing. The map was fairly close to where the action was supposed to be, anyway.  ;D