Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Hove to name a mission?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A kind of think this exist alredy some were in the forum but a cant find it?
But could i get a point bay point list of hove the missions should be named fore the server.

cheers
Grip
Here is the Official OFP Naming Convention which will make a mission name look like this:

[b]co18_linoleum.noe.pbo
co for mission type (co is short for coop)
18 = max players
linoleum = mission name
noe = island (in this case Nogova)

**Remark**
On a Linux server it's [i]imperative that only small caps is used in whole mission name and s p a c e s are filled with underscore.
As for the @ identifying missions using 3rd-party addons it's no need for it when making missions for e.g our WGL server since WGL itself is stuffed with addons and we run a required addon-pack.

[i]ArmA2
Utes: co12_dirty_bomb.utes.pbo
Chernarus: co12_dourdan_rescue_1_6.chernarus.pbo
Thank you,
The next question then is whats the name of Chernorus and Utes?

is it anything i shouldent write in the mission name?(somthing that dosent work)

This is what i have right now
co16_op_scout_n2.to_nedezhdino.island
(12-11-2009, 06:33 PM)Grip link Wrote: [ -> ]The next question then is whats the name of Chernorus and Utes?
Look above

(12-11-2009, 06:33 PM)Grip link Wrote: [ -> ]is it anything i shouldent write in the mission name?(somthing that dosent work)
No special characters please, just . or _ or @

(12-11-2009, 06:33 PM)Grip link Wrote: [ -> ]This is what i have right now
co16_op_scout_n2.to_nedezhdino.island

As I read this name it's a coop for 16 players, named Op Scout (operation?) n2 version 2? in nedezhdino? Island need to be replaced with the actually island (if you don't have made your own custom island named island Smile) .pbo (OFP/AA file format) is added automatic.
Ok if a do this insted then

co16_op-scout_m2_to_nedezhdino.chernarus.

Coop 16players Operation Scout (mission 2) to Nedezhdino, Chernarus

whould that make any sence?

@OL
now i have 3mission that need Beta testing
And another 3 mission is taking form in may head.
(12-11-2009, 08:54 PM)Grip link Wrote: [ -> ]co16_op-scout_m2_to_nedezhdino.chernarus.

Coop 16players Operation Scout (mission 2) to Nedezhdino, Chernarus

whould that make any sence?

The correct name (as I see it) would be co16_op_scout_to_nedezhdino_2.chernarus.pbo
.pbo will probably be added automatically when you export mission to multiplayer

(12-11-2009, 08:54 PM)Grip link Wrote: [ -> ]@OL
now i have 3mission that need Beta testing
And another 3 mission is taking form in may head.
<------ Use link to left (printer)  Big Grin