Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Debriefing, Death Harbour, 13 Dec 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think we had 19 positions slotted, and we slotted up very quick, good job. Grip gave a very good briefing and we got the mission started without wasting time.

We had Command, Alpha, Bravo, Sniper and MG teams all slotted.

Another successful mission despite some TS problems... Smile

The attack on objective 1 went smoothly apart from misses by M136 AT4 launchers... that our stealthy recon scout Osku cleaned up..

I was feeling very safe and comfortable running ammo redistributions and lookin after logistics until PL COMD comms went down... :-[

I can't really debrief too much until the part where I took command when PL COMD comms went down - which was the attack on objective 3.

At the time I think Gum's and Variable's fireteams got cut up pretty badly by some BMPs and HMG to the west and SW of the harbour, with a couple of survivors remaining. Alpha was to the N and Bravo to the S of the harbour.

Survivors and PHQ regrouped on the bend in the road to the harbour, Alpha probed forward, made contact and withdrew under heavy fire from the harbour. They had to do this several times. Before PHQ regrouped with survivors, myself and Kurtz (medic) had some close contacts, enemy assaulting up the hill. I had to unpack the RPG22s I was delivering, and we managed to destroy two remaining BMPs.

Alpha stayed on the high ground as fire support and Bravo assaulted through and cleared the harbour. Some enemy were spotted by Alpha approaching from the S into Bravo's arse, but PHQ and survivors cut them off.

Sustains
Great improvement on slotting up time.
Very good briefing, well organised, teamwork was very good.
Comms from squad leaders re ammo states was good, I was able to resupp ammo as needed.

Improves
Aiming of AT weapons... :-X If you pick an AT slot, just spend a couple of seconds looking at the sight and how to use it - http://www.ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=1645.0

Those couple of seconds spent checking could save other players' lives when you make that first hit on that angry BMP... Wink

Well done Koortz for saving many lives as medic, and Osku (recon scout) for sneaking into the depot and destroying the remaining BMP. Smile Smile

I'm sure Grip and others will fill in more...

Here are some screenshots I took in between running ammo around... Smile

Battlemap as it was before attack on Obj1:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-28.jpg]

Bravo and MG teams with attached sniper at FUP West:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-24.jpg]

Bravo and MG teams with attached sniper preparing to engage Obj1:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-35.jpg]

Obj1 after first engagement, 1 BMP remaining:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-36.jpg]

PHQ position:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-40.jpg]

Recon scout (Osku) leopard crawling into depot:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-42.jpg]

Recon scout (Osku) in depot, prepping RPG-22:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-43.jpg]

Osku engaging and destroying BMP-1 with RPG-22:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-1.jpg]

[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-45.jpg]

Some enemy that flanked on Bravo's right and got close; Bravo made them "eat the dirt":
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1407-46.jpg]

Enemy Spetznaz at Obj2:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1408-26.jpg]

Alpha engaging enemy close at Obj2 (you can see enemy top right):
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1408-27.jpg]

Objectives complete, good job:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-12-1409-05.jpg]
I think starting at 2100 worked last night - would like to hear other people's thoughts.

I will leave the poll running for a couple of weeks so pls vote if you haven't:

http://www.ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2003.0
TBH the long time spent forming up for each of the two attacks was pretty boring. At one point before the second attack, Siil and I even took to doing a little dance with lying and standing up over and over again.  ;D

You can't blame us all for wanting to set up everything perfectly before attacking. I just like more chaotic missions where there can't be 45 minute breaks in the action.

Quote:Well done Koortz for saving many lives as medic

Thank you, I think I only saved two though. But one of them was our beloved recon scout/BMP destroyer Osku. ;D

As for sustains and improves, I honestly can't think of what we could have done better. Yes, there's the AT weapons issue, but even this is somewhat mitigated by the fact that America's infantry AT weapons suck in all respects.

One "improve" is that I'm starting to hate the sound of my own voice over TS. Too much squeak. Is my microphone too loud? I can never seem to figure out the right spot between too soft and too loud.
Sorry I wasn't there, my computer has been playing up recently, first the wireless went, then after i got it working again and got on the server, my mouse decided to stop working, then the wireless went again, and so I ended reinstalling windows this morning (thank god for partitions), and so next game, my comp should be fine. I just need to find a new mic, cos I stood on mine after I got back from airsofting. Suffice to say, last night was not a great night for me.
Hi, folks - great game, yesterday - in particular, Alpha Green (Misha, mikka, and Viking), Marto, and Command: nice going!

Just a brief, rough re-cap:

1. I was in command of Alpha Green (AG). We formed up at the intersection west of our spawn point and then headed south. Zulu1, Sniper squad, came along with us. I had Viking on point, Misha next, myself, and then mikka in a column. At a certain point near the coast, we headed east, ran into MG squad, adjusted heading, and then hit the hillcrest overlooking the depot from the west, south of everyone. We observed enemy contacts both inside and outside of the depot perimeter, including two BMPs. After a short time, the enemy was alerted to our presence and two of them approached our position, while the rest outside the perimeter dropped to the ground, no shots fired. Relayed info to Command. We waited until the very last second before opening fire on both the soldiers approaching us and those at the depot. Viking reported that he had been looking through his binoculars when he heard gunfire open up to his left and to his right. Dropping the binos, he observed an enemy soldier drop dead not 10 feet in front of him. I think Misha or mikka  hit one of the BMPs. Within a few seconds, all was quiet at the depot, save for the lone BMP on the east side of the perimeter. No casualties sustained in AG.
We observed Osku mercy kill the BMP and then re-grouped at the depot.

2. After AT resupply at the depot, AG headed north to the PL FUP and then took up a position west of the town and north of the road, covering the left flank of a proposed assault (Zulu1 was tasked away from our position and moved off). AG repositioned further east at the suggestion of our point-man and set up for the assault. Enemy positions were noted. The initial assault commenced and enemy movement was observed north of the town. Squad Alpha approached our position and proceeded to assault the town from the left flank, covered by AG. We also observed another squad approach the town from the south. Town cleared, we regrouped with everyone else in-town. With Marto's help, I resupplied with HEDP rounds.

3. For the third objective, AG was tasked with assaulting the harbor from the south. Maintaining the same formation as before, we headed south, were held up by what turned out to be a BMP carcass, at a certain point turned east, and ended up approaching the harbor from the south/southwest, all the while hearing engagements to our east/northeast. At this point we heard BMPs to our north and a gunboat was observed offshore. Approaching a hillcrest overlooking the harbor, either mikka or Misha dispatched one of the BMPs (I think, things are a little hazy for me at this point. . .). Someone from one of the other groups took out the last BMP. Overlooking the harbor, we observed no movement, several dead bodies. Upon receiving the order to clear the harbor, AG ran from the hill south of the harbor to the southern gate and began our clearing action. During bunker clearing, mikka received fire from outside the compound (the compound, itself, appeared to be clear, at that point - those of you who assaulted tha harbor, earlier, were _very_ effective with your fire). I received a report of movement to our south. We heard some shooting as AG received cover from the other squads. That encounter resulted in an accomplished mission and another great game with CiA! AG sustained no casualties during the mission.

Marto, thanks for the pics, I only managed one (posted in the O-Forums).

Let's hear from the rest of you!
ok, i was K.I.A. this time so the dead can't type
(12-14-2009, 10:35 PM)gum link Wrote: [ -> ]ok, i was K.I.A. this time so the dead can't type

The dead won't mind if I have their computer, then.
Heres my take on Death Harbour

Starting time, was quite god, and players showed up when the mission was sopposed to start at 2100 so slotting did go fast.

Brifing, despite that we had some TS jumping (i should have made a statement about it) it was god fore me to lay out the plan so all know what to do.

Big + to all Team Leaders was relly god communication on command net, and i got all info i needed.

A big thanks to Marto that run the ammo supplys and check ups on AT status.

God shoting at the infantery at obj1.

One question is what happend on objektiv 2. Ho oppened fire and way? Unclear orders from above?

Total mission time might have bein to long in comparison to the number of enemys.

God of Anguis to inform me he tought he had a bad poson (obj2).

A god work of Marto when my comms whent down.(i was back during the second part of obj3 but dident have any mic capacity)

Here are som things i think about.

All should make sure they have a basic ide of the ruck system.
All should should take a lock on the AT aming systems.

If you are a AT-Soldier always lock after ways to resupply.
Team leaders try to make sure that you always have a AT capacity in your squad.
And remember that others than the AT-Solders could carry the small AT-Lunchers that could be packed in your rucks.

Ammo checks, do them regulary after every fire fight, so you are sure all have a god amount of ammo.
(12-14-2009, 02:51 PM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: [ -> ]TBH the long time spent forming up for each of the two attacks was pretty boring. At one point before the second attack, Siil and I even took to doing a little dance with lying and standing up over and over again.  ;D

I agree. Even at the cost of more casualties, we should move faster.
Marto, how did you manage to get -1300 points?  Big Grin You were our anti-tank ammo errand boy platoon sergeant!  ;D

And I got +500 even though I never fired a round.  ???
Wouldn't have a clue... don't know how the scoring system works...
Thanks for the game everyone and good work.

Sneaking to the depot and blasting bmp was cool at 1st objective. The crew inside must had been sleeping... if I were them, I might had been bit more concerned about what's happening around them, and not being stationary. But that's normal for AI, I guess.

Special thanks to Kurtz, for stopping my bleeding, and therefore giving me chance to survive through this operation. Smile
(12-15-2009, 01:35 PM)Grip link Wrote: [ -> ]One question is what happend on objektiv 2. Ho oppened fire and way? Unclear orders from above?
All should make sure they have a basic ide of the ruck system.
All should should take a lock on the AT aming systems.

- I can't remember what touched off the assault on Obj. 2, now that I think about it.
- You all know about the AT thread; here's Marto's post about WGL rucks: WGL equipment use
i've heard snipa rifles fireing without beeing ordered to do so, both at obj 2 and at harbour......after those shots all squads started fireing......but still no fire order was given by grip in channel commander........

hmmmmmmm.....
(12-15-2009, 10:20 PM)gum link Wrote: [ -> ]i've heard snipa rifles fireing without beeing ordered to do so, both at obj 2 and at harbour......after those shots all squads started fireing......but still no fire order was given by grip in channel commander........

hmmmmmmm.....

I opened up because I heard something like an AT being fired and saw the Russian I was aiming at hitting the deck. I was using a sniper rifle.
Pages: 1 2 3