Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Xmas holiday weather....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope you are all having nice warm Xmas holidays weather...

Quote:Scorchers to bring horror bushfire threat
From: AAP December 27, 2009 3:43PM EXTREME temperatures over the next two days are expected to bring Western Australia's most severe bushfire conditions for the season, authorities say.

The Bureau of Meteorology forecasts "very hot" conditions from tomorrow with temperatures of about 40 degrees in Perth city, paired with east to northeast winds.

"Fire danger ratings of extreme to catastrophic are possible over most of the southwest land division as well as the southwest Goldfields on Tuesday," the Fire and Emergency Services Authority of Western Australia said.

"If you live in an area with a catastrophic fire danger rating you should put your survival first and leave early.  That is hours before a fire starts.  Under no circumstances will it be safe to stay and defend your home."

The authority suggests that residents from at-risk areas spend Monday "at the beach, shopping in the closest major town or with family and friends away from bushland".

On Tuesday, Perth is expected to reach 36 degrees, with the chance of a shower before cooler temperatures start from Wednesday.
And this is what Aussies get up to in summer.....

Quote:Men showed 'absolute stupidity' by swimming into baited crocodile trap
By Nadja Hainke, Northern Territory News From: NewsCore December 27, 2009 6:56AM

[Image: 861745-men-pose-in-crocodile-trap.gif]
The Facebook photo shows two men posing inside the crocodile trap with a friend stranding on top of it.

Image shows men posing inside croc trap
Cage designed for saltwater crocodiles
Risky move could cost up to $55,000

TWO men who made funny faces from inside a baited crocodile trap while their friend stood on top of the cage were criticised for their "absolute stupidity" by authorities in the Northern Territory.

An image of the three men risking their lives and limbs surfaced yesterday after they were posted on Facebook.

It is believed the picture was taken at Manton Dam, about 73 km south of Darwin.

The photo shows one man atop the floating metal cage - designed to capture 13 foot-long saltwater crocodiles - and two men inside.

Northern Territory Parks and Wildlife rangers have labelled the act as "absolute stupidity."

"It won't be tolerated anymore," senior ranger Peter Phillips said.

"We will investigate this case and if we find out who they are, they will be fined.

"The agency has zero tolerance with people interfering with croc traps.”

Offenders could be fined up to $55,000 or jailed for five years for the reckless act, the Northern Territory Parks and Wildlife Conservation Act states.

Read more at http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/12...tnews.html
Sunny and warm indeed...
[Image: image.do?ph=n&u=247929&w=1905794&i=912321&mediatype=0]

[Image: image.do?ph=n&u=247929&w=1903928&i=911538&mediatype=0]
Nice bike path Slash.... gives new meaning to "mountain bike"....

Doesnt look like croc country there...
do u see the red barn on the left? well, i think that is the tipicall place where  finns like to hang themselfs in winter......
am i wrong slash?
(12-28-2009, 12:30 PM)gum link Wrote: [ -> ]do u see the red barn on the left? well, i think that is the tipicall place where  finns like to hang themselfs in winter......
am i wrong slash?

dark
I'd hang myself in spring when I see all the snow is disappearing.
Martos crocodile trap was notified also in some Finnish news yesterday.

Well, what can you expect when the environment is like this (grey scale) from October to April? Actually now it´s pretty luminous because of the snow. But still your information sources can’t be all wrong gum and I think there’s one barn for every Finnish people, so we don’t have to meet each other at all even when implementing the rope around your head  :Smile
Frosty...
[Image: 25554162927407.gif]