Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Coop stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Viking's war paint:

[Image: eac37b76806488.gif]

[Image: 894bf776806491.gif]
We can start calling him "Red Mask".... ;D
I really would like to see the completition of the mission we played yesterday!
I believe it was going fine but we broke the whole team in so small and unorganized groups that the mission was doomed to fail. So I would gladly play it again on next sunday!
(It was the mission that was only 9kb and which was choosed 'cause of the massive desyncronation Big Grin)

I got a good first impression of you guys and I'll be playing often enough at CIA server!

Ps. did anyone else need to reboot when the game freezed? I sure as hell didn't find any other way out!!
PPs. And what was wrong with our AT fire in that first eliminate-the-talebans mission?? Big Grin One proud memory to your atchieves! Single T-55 killed about 12 guys  :Smile
Yep that mission on Nogova was a good one, we should definately try it again.

For AT fire in the Afghan mission check here:
http://www.ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2170.0
Quote:I really would like to see the completition of the mission we played yesterday!

This is something I've been thinkg about lately. The times I've been playing of late I have not seen many missions completed, unlike the old FDF Coops. Either the server acts up, missions have bugs, lag, desync, etc...or mission plans go fubar. Not to mention the continuing issue of how long it takes for setup and execution in some missions. Maybe some old school type missions are needed, straight to the point, take 4 or 5 objectives then evac. I'd just like to see 1 or 2 missions through to the end again.

You got a point there Zulu, WGL missions tends to be too "tecnical", all sorts of stuff and some missions depends on using it with skill.

I guess most server/bug-related stuff is, sadly enough, due to too little or no mission testing before missions go public.
The "hour-long" setup/planning can be blamed on the "tecnical" part (we need this and that and also this too, shit we need two more players...)

Some missions have too little spare ammo, whats the point continue playing if a unlucky player miss with the only AT? OK, grab more from dead AIs but mostly the armour get you before you can reach a dead AT AI (or even make him dead..)

There is, however, some missions you request on the server, just ask for them next time (check CiA WGL Mission List)
Quote:There is, however, some missions you request on the server, just ask for them next time (check CiA WGL Mission List)

Since I found Pulverizer's WGL missions file plus all of the ShackTac and Zeus WGL missions that I've d/l'd over the years, I have most of whats on the server and more in my MPMissions folder. I occasionally play them off line in Host mode, it would be more fun with a group. Maybe I'll make a list of the better missions and post it.  ;D
(05-19-2010, 01:03 AM)Zulu1 link Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I'll make a list of the better missions and post it.  ;D

That would be great!
(05-19-2010, 01:03 AM)Zulu1 link Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:There is, however, some missions you request on the server, just ask for them next time (check CiA WGL Mission List)

Since I found Pulverizer's WGL missions file plus all of the ShackTac and Zeus WGL missions that I've d/l'd over the years, I have most of whats on the server and more in my MPMissions folder. I occasionally play them off line in Host mode, it would be more fun with a group. Maybe I'll make a list of the better missions and post it.  ;D

As long as they're all ok with the addons the server uses, I see no problem in uploading them. Either email them or host them somewhere and I can upload them. Let me know by pm if you want email.
Nice coop night mission that "zulu something" yesterday. Indirect mortar fire of enemy made excellent addition to fighting against basic infantry. We managed to finish the mission (go through checkpoints, clear village and destroy mortars and static machine guns) but with several casualties. Some because of mortars and some because of smaller bullets. Nice one altogether!
I don't think Tony was too happy though.......... Wink
Btw, how did you script the mortar fire marto?
m1=mortar1, m2=mortar2, tgt01=gamelogic, tgt02=gamelogic

Code:
[m1, [tgt01], 22 , 0, 1, 2, false] call CoCfIFCallFire; [m2, [tgt02], 22 , 0, 1, 2, false] call CoCfIFCallFire;

in a trigger about 40 sec after mission start (to let CoC engine etc startup).

then in a trigger (whatever trigger you want):

Code:
[m1] call CoCfIFFireForEffect
From last Sun 30 May 10:

Weird ass psychadelic LSD glasses:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2010-05-3102-46.jpg]

Zwobot trying to look tough:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2010-05-3102-47.jpg]

CiA teams maneuvering:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2010-05-3102-55.jpg]

Peki's awesome fire position:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2010-05-3103-26.jpg]

Siil trying to abseil:
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2010-05-3103-33.jpg]

This ones from about a week ago, Zwobot trying to pick up some chick in his pimped up ride...
[Image: th_FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2010-05-2420-12.jpg]
(05-31-2010, 05:41 PM)Marto link Wrote: [ -> ]m1=mortar1, m2=mortar2, tgt01=gamelogic, tgt02=gamelogic

Code:
[m1, [tgt01], 22 , 0, 1, 2, false] call CoCfIFCallFire; [m2, [tgt02], 22 , 0, 1, 2, false] call CoCfIFCallFire;

in a trigger about 40 sec after mission start (to let CoC engine etc startup).

then in a trigger (whatever trigger you want):

Code:
[m1] call CoCfIFFireForEffect
I see. Almost thought it was WGL mortar because of the very audible shots but how would you script that  Wink.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8