Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Cia Photo Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im sure we had one of these a while back but I cant find it. In this thread goes pictures of yourself, like so:
[Image: 11535_1285482739874_1314321008_778550_4489980_n.jpg]
Me at the last outdoor airsoft game i went to. (Maybe you can guess why Ive chosen Soap as a new name  Tongue)

And my baby, my AK 74M
[Image: 11535_1285469259537_1314321008_778521_7080441_n.jpg]
Ive got a 3 point sling on it now, and am getting a RIS handguard and scope rail soon.

So, post your pics.
So is that a real AK74 or an airsoft version?  Tongue
your wearing your rank slide upside down
That is one kick-ass mohawk, MJ! Your photo reminds me of years of paintball, years ago. I'll try to get a pic up, later.
Nice AK-74, by the way!
Im so jealous about your hair Mj  Big Grin
Nice weather to crawl in the dirt, btw. what kind of range that kind of wepons have?
The range mainly depends on the weapon's energy which is measured in J (Joule) and the spring.
Here in Germany airsoft weapons are categories into 2 main categories: weapons with energy < 0,5J and > 0,5J

< 0,5J weapons (which usually have actual energy between 0,4 and 0,5J) have a range between 30 to 40 meters (maybe 50 if the weather is favorable - no wind); the legal status of those weapons is kind of blurred
> 0,5J weapons (usually have actual energy in the range of 1J, but there are some clowns who have (tuned) weapons with more) have a range of about 70 meters and more I would say

The wheight of the 'ammo' (plastic pellets) you use also has impact on the range.
Yeah, that photo was taken about an hour after it had first rained then hailed. The entire place was muddy and wet and cold.

My AK74 does about 300FPS, will shoot through 0.5cm of ice on the first shot, and shoot through an inch after about 15 shots and has a long (~550mm) tightbore barrel, so will shoot further than any equivalently powered AEG. It reaches out to about 80m on a good day, and when it can fire 800rpm, that means it has a tendancy to outshoot 450fps bolt action sniper rifles. Coupled with the fact that the mags are huge and have upwards of 600 rounds each, it means I can shoot far and shoot long.
What's the "SOP" in the UK about firing mode on AEGs Mjolnir? Is it common practice to fire full auto all the time or is it used rather sparsely?
(01-07-2010, 01:27 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]What's the "SOP" in the UK about firing mode on AEGs Mjolnir? Is it common practice to fire full auto all the time or is it used rather sparsely?

Full auto is standard.  The only times I know when you have to use single shot is on stairs at CQB places and when your AEG is over 350fps. Other than that, full auto all the way. Especially seeing as single shot uses about 40% more battery per shot than full auto. Whats it like in Germany?
Full auto is only allowed for weapons with less than 0,5J. Full atuo fire is illegal for > 0,5J (these weapons are sold modified so that they only fire semi-auto in Germany, afaik it's possible to un-modify them but well it's illegal).

Because of the increased battery need for single fire this probably is a reason why gearbox jams are more of an issue with S-AEG than with their less powerful AEG counterparts here.
Ah, I figured your AK74 must be an airsoft weapon, Mjolnir. I saw you had a .co.uk email, and you Britons barely allow BB guns, last I heard. Wink
(01-04-2010, 11:39 PM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: [ -> ]So is that a real AK74 or an airsoft version?  Tongue
It's real used in airsoft matches  :o