Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [MP] Village De-Pacification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-13-2010, 02:01 AM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any purpose for the "_unitType" parameter in the script above? _unitClass is obviously the type of soldier, and I can't see where _unitType is used anywhere in the script, and it seems to work without it. ???

Without seeing the whole thing I can only guess but it might be a leftover from a different script that uses similar parameter structure but creates soldiers with a custom load-out or crewed vehicles.
So the lag issues in this mission seem to have been sorted out. Unfortunately, one of the ending triggers is broken. I figured out why.

It works fine if you have the squad leader in slot 1 taken, but otherwise the group is never given its scripting name ("mainloons") because that was in the group leader's initialization. D'oh! >Sad :'( This also explains why the radios did not work properly. Both made reference to mainloons. Time for a hotfix, I suppose.
in every unit in the group, put this=group XX

or something like that.
Yep. What Marto said will do the trick.
(03-01-2010, 12:18 PM)Marto link Wrote: [ -> ]in every unit in the group, put this=group XX

Are you sure that I want

Code:
this = group XX

or do I want

Code:
XX = group this

???
xx = group this

is the one you want, Marto obviously just slipped up there.
Oh yes, you are right. Sloppy reading from me here too. Good think Mjolnir is covering our backs  Wink
LOL, thanks, it seems to work now. Took even more effort than just an xx = group this, though. It's like a plastic model where one part snaps off as soon as you can get the other on.  Tongue
Yeah I'm sloppy...

But not as sloppy as the last notes page girl...
Pages: 1 2