Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [MP]Hill 99
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A mission Ive spent the past couple of days making, it utilises a spawn script to make it so that we should not want for enemies. Also, for those of you who love calling in support, there is plenty of it. This is not going to be a slow mission by any stretch of the imagination.

Its loosely inspired by the battle of Hill 3234 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Hill_3234

Ive called the Hill 99 after its height. You'll know it as Hell.

Here is the briefing:

The Mujhadeen have captured Hill 99. Normally, we wouldnt bother with this unimportant rock, but it has excellent lines of fire over our MSR. We need you to go get it back.

Situation
Enemy: Known to have 12.7mm HMGs, MANPADs and ZSUs in their arsenal. Confirmed AAA position to the north closing off posibility of coming in from the east. We also assume they are capable of counter attacks, both on a squad size and at a larger scale.

Friendly: We are a small VDV platoon, with exceptionally heavy support, M55 field guns, 2 Hind E gunships, an Mi 17 to get you into position and 2 SU 25s with high drag bombs. If needed, then a battery of M46s and a platoon of 2S19M1s will be made available.

Mission
Clear Hill 99 hold at all costs.

Execution
Execution is upto the platoon comander.

Command and Sigs
Squad leaders have mission command.
Signals: All team members are to communicate via Teamspeak or OFP Group Channel (green). All squad leaders to use TS Channel Commander or OFP Side Channel (blue).

Objectives:
  • Clear Hill 99.
  • Hold the hill.

The download:http://www.filefront.com/15318309/Hill%2099.catintro.pbo

Please note, I found it suitable to include respawn in this mission. It is a respawn at base, with a 2 minuite wait before you do. You then have to be flown back to battle, which could be very dangerous. I figured this nicely simulated reinforcement, whilst keeping everyone in the fight as much as possible without making it too hard.

Edit: I made a mistake, changed the download.