Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CIA Custom Mission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys, I'm making a massive mission to use on co-op night.
Its really big with a cinematic feel through out, i will need some Beta Testers but I'll post that in the Testing part of the forum.

I'm using the WGL 5.12 mod, the same used here.

There are 6 Squads, 5 players in each. Respawns are included, but i might make them a minute or more. Nothing is worse then 10 mins in the briefing and slot picking stages, to get shot within 3 mins by a sniper then thats the game over for you.

Squad = 1 SL, 1 Medic, 1 Machine Gunner, 2 Riflemen, 1 HMMWV Cal. 50. if i need to change that just tell me.(like at & aa)

Question, Can the map in the command vehicle be modded to show a map with markings? thanks

At the moment I am 80% done, all thats left is the finishing touches.
The size is a issue, 15MB but getting less, i'm aiming for 10MB.

Any tips and help would be GREATLY appreciated. one last thing could someone get me a 256x256 JPEG of the round bit in the middle CIA banner. thanks

More Details Soon...
Well, one tip I can give you right off the bat is that CiA doesn't seem to like respawn very much. Mjolnir was just talking about uploading a mission with respawn, though. I don't know how this will pan out. :-X
15meg is a bit crazy for a mission file, try to cut down on custom sound files and use them sparingly its frustrating when you are waiting to recieve a sizeable mission file just the find out it was down to an intro wav file that is played for just 20secs
Kurtz is right. Ommit the respawn. It's not a likeable feature here on CiA.
Ok, no respawn and cut down on size.

[move]Work In Progress[/move]
I suggest you cut out all extras for testing, be sure that the core mission is working 100% before you add any extras. That would mainly be mission, init, description files and any extra scrips you need for the mission to work, not for effects. I'll bet that cut size down to <100K.

Note Variable's respawn comment and I'm sure many of you know that I have turned OFF music in OFP.... Also consider the fact that when we join this server we want to play together, not watch movies. I'll make better movies than any of you anyway Tongue

Besides that, good luck with your mission Smile

Now to your question, the vehicle map can be modded (hey, it's OFP) but I guess you need to make a new addon for it. Question is: will it be MP friendly? Will it work with all mods and vanilla OFP? And how useful will it be? Hit [M] and get a fullscreen zoomable movable map....
I think i'll forget about modding atm Overload.

Thanks
How did you manage to get 15MB, anyway? You did remember to compress custom sounds into OGG or MP3 or such, right? Tongue
down to 11MB and getting less.
Hit a prob, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost1544846

Excuse my user name, i had signed up before playing with you guys.
(01-15-2010, 12:47 AM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: [ -> ]How did you manage to get 15MB, anyway? You did remember to compress custom sounds into OGG or MP3 or such, right? Tongue
Music
1 at the start, and 1 @ the end and 4 others for a "special" purpose.
(01-15-2010, 12:45 PM)kid link Wrote: [ -> ]down to 11MB and getting less.
Hit a prob, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost1544846

Excuse my user name, i had signed up before playing with you guys.
prob fixed
Could anyone get me that image of the central circle part of the cia banner?
(01-15-2010, 03:54 PM)kid link Wrote: [ -> ]Could anyone get me that image of the central circle part of the cia banner?

You could just take a screenshot of it with print screen.
i'll do that, thanks. btw i'm 90% done on the mission. you'll be recieving the file shortly.

Does anyone else want to help by Beta Testing it?